Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Reasons to eat your veggies!

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:56 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sanj1213
by Juanita on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Very knowledgeable stuff, I should start eating eggplant. I've never had it.
sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:10 AM

There is other veggies w/ this kind of info?There is 4 that I know me and d will eat and prob 2 that we would prob eat occationally.I thought lettuce had no value except to fill up your stomach zero nutritional value.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

rachel_2010
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

There is other veggies w/ this kind of info?There is 4 that I know me and d will eat and prob 2 that we would prob eat occationally.I thought lettuce had no value except to fill up your stomach zero nutritional value.

I've heard that ice berg lettuce is basically a filler.  I usually only get ice berg if it's the only one on sale or the other stuff looks close to being off, but we top it with a bunch of different veges so i don't worry to much

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

The lettuce that's shown isn't iceberg lettuce.  To me, iceberg is just a filler with a little nutritional value besides its fiber...but there are other salad greens like romaine, spinach, oak leaf, etc. that DO have nutritional value.

I'll see what I can find on other veggies!

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:55 PM
I'm with you on the iceberg lettuce! There is so much in the way of nutritous greens you can eat instead of iceberg.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Thanks for sharing!

alyciajoseph
by Alycia on Sep. 22, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Very interesting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)