Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Discussion??

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:01 PM
  • 5 Replies

Last evening my BFF and her DH came over for dinner.  We had beef short ribs and she brought potato salad and homemade salsa with tortilla chips.

During the evening, her DH commented on my meal plan, saying "do you really eat all that?"  I replied yes, and he said "Americans eat too much meat.  No wonder you're all sick.  In my country (he's from Bangladesh) we eat only a small bit of meat and the rest is vegetables."

I didn't comment on the fact that his mother is a brittle type 2 diabetic and that he has high blood pressure that requires medication.

How would you have replied?

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mandee1503
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I probably would have said to each thier own. And left it at that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnvplus2
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Not sure what I would've said. Everyone is different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Hmmm... that would probably have thrown me for a loop. It was a little forward of him, I think--almost rude. I might have said something like "my family is very healthy eating this way. If you are equally healthy, then I suppose there is more than one lifestyle that works."

sanj1213
by Juanita on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:11 PM
I agree with Robyn
sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Since he started the conversation I would have said.Since we started eating this way Ive lost (--) this much weight,lowered my insulin dependency by this much.We're healthier now then we were before hand.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)