Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Death by migraine

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:39 PM
  • 17 Replies
They literally feel like they are killing me slowly and excruciatingly painfully. Anyone know of natural cures???
And don't say lavender because that give me the worst migraine ever next to caffeine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:27 PM
I always pop 2 Tylenol and drink a soda. Sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
enslowemily
by New Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Search amazon for scalp massagers.

It won't cure a migraine, but it provides amazing relief! I recommend this to anyone with migraines or headaches! 

matreshka
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I used to complex migraines, one where DH thoguht I had a stroke.  It was due to a medication I was on.  Unfortunately the only cure was going to the ER and getting the triple IV of pain meds, rx Dramamine and something to help my blood vessels get back to normal.

Peppermint oil on the temples and back of neck is said to help but it hasn't for me. So is ylang ylang oil but it makes my regular headaches worse.

Massage has helped me as well as neck tension releasing exercises.  Some people swear by chiropractors but I have never been to one.

ameraznkimko
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I would suggest Peppermint oil..I use that for headaches...and I also use an essential oil blend called M-Grain when I get bad migraines...you just rub it on your temples and neck...Lavender doesnt help with my migraines but these two help

You can read about on here...www.thebeautyofessentialoils.com look under essential oil blends

sassymomntx1961
by Yvonne on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM

The only help I have is I heard drk choc and caffienne.Hope you can find something soon.Ive never had them but know ppl who have and I feel so bad for them.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Oh, I'm so sorry! I've not had much experience with migraines (only 2 my whole life--thank goodness!), so I'm really not sure. Do light and sound make them worse?

momofourmonkeys
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM

The massage sounds like a good idea.  It seems like you have a sensitivity to the other things that work for most, and outside of medication there really isn't a whole lot.  My son gets migraines (though not as bad as yours) and the only thing I can do for him is make sure he's not using any electronics since he's practically hypnotized by anything that moves, and keep him in a dark room to let him rest.

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM

My son and I used to get migraines frequently, him at least twice a week and me at least 3 times a month....until we cut grains, legumes, refined sugar, and milk from our diet.  We haven't had one in over 18 months now.

Believe it or not, what we eat can affect how we feel.  MANY foods that cause problems are overlooked.  It's not just a freak thing....there are thousands that have physical problems (MS, arthritis, migraines, IBS, heartburn, depression, etc.) that are greatly helped by a diet change.  You have to try it for 30 days to know whether or not it's a definite trigger.  I didn't think it was for me, until I had a sandwich after those 30 days and ended up a miserable wreck for the rest of the day.

laughnchica
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM

It has just been frustrating because when I go to doctors they tell me that is it just chronic and I will only have to manage it thru medication. I don't want to take medication for the rest of my life! And it is more than lights and loud noises; I get dizzy, motion sickness if I move around and every smell makes my head worse.

I am going to try massage to see if that can relieve some and try to find a naturopathic doctor around here that might have ideas. And I don't know what food to cut out. I eat really healthily as it is...granted I still eat grains and stuff but..

Ruthanne157
by New Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Ugh, I know all about these awful things! I get the kind that make me seem like I'm drunk, can't see, can't think, can't stand up, can't feel my fingers...the whole thing. I used to get 5-6 a week. Then in 2010, for different reasons, I went vegan and started drinking tons of water. Now, I only get maybe 1 or 2 migraines per month. Also, I get less when I do not eat gluten. It's hard, but migraines are harder. When I get one, I use peppermint oil on my temples and under my nose. I also burn fresh lemon balm in an oil burner and keep that close to me. I also love Headon Migraine. I hope you feel better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN