Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

How do you protect your family from cold & flu germs?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave 50 moms the Clorox "Cold & Flu Prevention Kit" with Clorox cleaning sprays and disinfecting wipes and other cold & flu season necessities like hand sanitizer, thermometers, and tissues.

Read their stories on how they handle cold & flu prevention!

Tell us... How do you protect your family from cold & flu germs?

We can't wait to hear from you!  

**The CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Replies (31-40):
KristinRox
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree. They clean up almost any spill or mess. Love them. 

Quoting natesmom1228:

I love clorox wipes. I have one in every room of my house. They are great for just about everything.

JOIN US ON:

momto1ryen
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I'm a huge bleach person so anything I can bleach I will. Lots of handwashing in this family and we keep sanitizer all over the house, in the car and in the diaper bag. I also normally use Lysol disinfecting spray so I'm excited to see what Clorox has. Hopefully it comes soon!

MamisAngels
by New Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I was chosen for the Clorox Influencer. I'm looking forward to receiving my products and sharing my experience.

I already like using disinfecting wipes to keep bathrooms, kitchen and bedrooms clean: light switch panels, doorknobs, etc. Washing hands is always important, too.

I will update when I get my kit.

4kidz916
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:37 AM
I like the Clorox products and I use them often during flu season.
evansmommy03
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I received my kit today and it has 2 packs of the disinfecting wipes, two clean up sprays with bleach, 2 Dial hand soaps, 3 boxes Kleenex, and a thermometer in it.  I went ahead and used the fresh scent Clorox Clean up spray to clean my bathroom today.  Before saying what I thought about it I will give you a little information about myself and my family.  I have been using white vinegar and baking soda for the past year and a half to clean pretty much everything in my home.  I switched to making my own because I learned my youngest was highly sensitive to all chemical smells as was I. She would go into coughing fits from the smell and they stopped once I got rid of the cleaners we had.  I thought I would give this a try because she is older now and on occasion I do like to have a little extra cleaning power, primarily for our bathroom.

Now I thought the clean up spray (in fresh scent) cleaned very well, better than I had expected actually.  My bathroom is sparkling clean and it removed the hard water stains that we get from our well water.  I loved the way it cleaned but I was hoping that it wouldn't smell like bleach, and it does...strongly.  I really do not like the smell of bleach, it bothers me.  My daughter has been coughing since I used it and she was no where near that room and my eyes are bothering me some.  It is probably bothering us more because we haven't been around cleaners of this sort for so long, but I am sure for anyone who likes the bleach smell it will be fine.  I personally would not buy this particular cleaning product because of the bleach smell, I would have loved it otherwise :(  I was really hoping this was something that would work for us because on occasion I feel like the bathroom needs a little more than what the baking soda and vinegar does for it. 

I am excited to give the wipes a try I haven't used them in a long time but loved them before!  I will update after I have given them a try in my kitchen.

Heather2001
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Probiotics - I can't completely protect them from exposure, so I'd rather boost their immune systems to handle them.

liveforever
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I really dont like being sick so its pretty important to me to try and keep a germ free house. However I also know too much disinfectant will kill off the "good" germs that arent so bad and help you build up your immunity. We make sure we wash our hands after using the bathroom or messing around in something dirty, but I dont over do it with cleaning. For certain things I use a dish soap/vinegar mix to clean with. I save the heavy duty disinfecting for when someone actually is sick in the house.

My kit came and I was surprised how much was in it!

I love the Clorox wipes and buy them reularly. I like them for cleaning up the counters after Ive been working with raw chicken. Theyre also good for a quick wipe down of toilets or other surfaces.

The spray cleaners serve their purpose but Im not a huge fan of them. The bleach smell is overwhelming and its not very logical to clean with them in the winter months when the house has to be closed up. Ive bought them in the past for good deep cleanings when we moved into a new place.

I really like the Dial soaps that came in the kit and was not expecting them. Its actually a scent Ive purchased before. Its very light and I like it. The thermometer was also a pleasant surprise. We actually needed to buy a new one so that really helped out! The tissues I havent had to use but Im sure theyll come in handy soon!

Overall I like the products that were sent to me and would definitely recommend them, especially the Clorox wipes. The spray cleaners I would save for heavy duty cleaning thats done once in awhile or when you can have the house opened up!

deedee3849
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:30 PM

I just received the Clorox "Cold and Flu prevention kit" today and am so excited to try the products!

My oldest son has asthma and has a really difficult time when he gets sick with a cold or flu so prevention is really important to me but in the same sense I'm not a germaphobe. I try to use hand washing and other natural methods to prevent the spread of germs & boost the immune system but in a situation where one of my boys gets sick I will use product to help disinfect & to try to prevent the spread of germs to everyone else. At home my favorite thing to use is Clorox wipes. I love, love, love the orange scent. I use Clorox wipes to disinfect counters, table tops & door knobs. I also use them all the time to clean the toilet seat (especially with having 2 little boys!).

I also work with kids and Clorox wipes are a staple at work too. I use them several times a week to wipe down tables, counter tops, door knobs, chairs and desks. With so many kids coming in and out of my room, I do all I can to prevent the spread of germs in my room. This also helps protect me from getting sick and bringing it home to my kids.

I will be trying the Clorox Clean-Up for the first time tomorrow while my son is at school. I don't use anything with bleach because I don't like the smell of it and neither does he. I am interested to see what these products smell like. There is a Fresh Scent and Original. It says on the bottle it removes stains and is a degreaser so I am going to see if I can battle some tomorrow in the kitchen and bathroom!

Mena929
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM

THANK YOU CLOROX AND CAFEMOM!! I received my package yesterday (11/15) and wow, THANK YOU! That is a lot of cleaning products. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Clorox wipes. They are great for all of my kitchen appliances and countertops, also great in the bathroom to clean the fixtures. The handsoap smells fantasic! The thermometer came right on time, I was just telling my SO we needed a new one. No one can ever have too many Kleenex so that is a WIN too! I love the Clorox with bleach as well. Thank you!!!!

HTMommy
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Hi ladies! I was one of the moms picked to do this influencer. I have 3 little boys aged 9, 7, and 3 and let me say they are germy little boys! Being in school and just being gross little kids I jumped on the opportunity to help fight off and eliminate some germs, bacteria and virus's.

In my box came antibacterial soap and it smells AMAZING! Its Dial White Tea and Vitamin E. Its not drying, and the boys love the way it smells.

I also got some clorox wipes, that I used to wipe down EVERY handle in my house and the phones.

I got some tissues that are almost gone because of allergies and colds that we've been fighting since before I got the box :-)

Lastly I got some Clorox Clean-up spray with bleach and have been using it on the hard surfaces....especially in the bathroom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN