Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

How do you protect your family from cold & flu germs?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave 50 moms the Clorox "Cold & Flu Prevention Kit" with Clorox cleaning sprays and disinfecting wipes and other cold & flu season necessities like hand sanitizer, thermometers, and tissues.

Read their stories on how they handle cold & flu prevention!

Tell us... How do you protect your family from cold & flu germs?

We can't wait to hear from you!  

**The CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Replies (61-70):
deedee3849
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I gave the Clorox Clean-up a try yesterday and attempted some dirty jobs. I used it for de-greasing the stove top and for scrubbing a few small rust stains in the tub. It did a great job cleaning my stove top. I sprayed it and let it sit for about 30 seconds then wiped up the grease easily. In the bathroom I tried a few rust stains, it didn't get those off but I'm not really sure it's suppose to get rust off lol. I also used it to clean the bottom of the tub and it worked nicely. Clean-wise it works well. The smell for me was way too strong so I won't use it again in the bathroom. For small areas or stains I'd use it again but I will not use this for large areas.

deedee3849
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Quoting HTMommy:

Hi ladies! I was one of the moms picked to do this influencer. I have 3 little boys aged 9, 7, and 3 and let me say they are germy little boys! Being in school and just being gross little kids I jumped on the opportunity to help fight off and eliminate some germs, bacteria and virus's.

In my box came antibacterial soap and it smells AMAZING! Its Dial White Tea and Vitamin E. Its not drying, and the boys love the way it smells.

I also got some clorox wipes, that I used to wipe down EVERY handle in my house and the phones.

I got some tissues that are almost gone because of allergies and colds that we've been fighting since before I got the box :-)

Lastly I got some Clorox Clean-up spray with bleach and have been using it on the hard surfaces....especially in the bathroom.

That's a great idea to wipe down phones, I hadn't thought of that =)

supermeof3
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Hey there ladies!  I'm a SAHM of 4 and live in a big, bussteling, city w/ lots of germs flyin' around.  Just like many of you, I am a busy Mom and look for some ways to save time so that I have more time to spend w/ my family.   This is where the Corox Wipes come into play.   They are fast, easy and get the job done!   I put one of the containers of wipes in my bathroom right away.  Let me just say how easy it is to run a wipe over the toilet or sink when you are in there anyway ;)  It takes seconds!   ...and by using these seconds to wipe down and dissinfect, it saves time and elbow grease later as you won't need to "scrub".   These will definitely become a staple in my home.

I also was rearanging my kids toy area the other day, you all know how crazy that can be...and what an eye opener.  You know, when you empty that bin of toys and see just how cruddy the bin is....ew.   So, I got out the wipes again and went to town and I couldn't believe my ears.   I heard those four precious (not heard as often as we'd like) words out of my kids mouths, you know the ones..."Mom, can I help?".  Sure kids, grab a wipe!!!!  (I did make them wash their hands afterward because it is a bleach product)   Anywho, it did the job once again!   Claened the bins really well, left them nice to look at, germ free and the kids helped.  I'll take it ;)

I also used the spray in my bathroom for a deep clean.  It didn't get the "soap scum" off as easily as my usual cleaner (and wish the fresh scent was a little more fresh, it was pretty "bleachy" smelling), but it banged out the rest!  W/ 6 people in our house we have to keep on top of that....especially since our 4 kiddies looooove to pour my body wash in the tub for extra bubbles when I'm not looking ;P  ....buggers!

I was so excited about trying these products that while I was changing our cat's (Mr. Cat) litter box (which got funky because our 2 yr old hid the pooper scooper....yes, you read that right).  I emptied the litter box and "ding" lightbulb, I was like a kid w/ a new toy and ran and got the spray.  I sprayed and scrubbed the litter box and it is fresh and like new.  ...needless to say, Mr. Cat approves ;)  Now I just have to go and buy a new scooper...hmmm, if only one came in that Clorox box.....

My next test will be in the kitchen...can't wait to see how that spray works on the stove top!  I'll let you all know how that works out!

Thank you CafeMom and Clorox, however, I think my husband thanks you more! hehehe

Bonita131
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Habibti812:

ACtually Clorox has a "Green" line... "Clorox Green Works"

Quoting Bonita131:

No offence but Clorox & Clorox products are toxic. I would never use them in my home, especially on or around where my grandchildren eat & play. 

Read the warning on Clorox green works. It is not all its touted to be. If a product was "green" meaning free from harmful toxins, it wouldn't have to have a warning on it. 

virginiamama71
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Agree100%

Quoting CaraAchterberg:

I think the best prevention of colds and flu comes from what you put IN your body, not what you put ON your body! In fact, everyone needs a few germs to build up healthy immunity. My family eats a whole food, mostly organic diet and we clean with ONLY vinegar, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and murphy's soap. Knock on wood, none of my 3 kids has been to the doc between well visits in several years and I can't remember the last cold. We don't get flu shots and haven't ever gotten the flu. I'm sure my kids could get sick tomorrow, but my experience so far is that it matters more what you feed your kids than how often they wash their hands.

Join us in the Virginia Moms group!

timon95
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Got my kit and am ready to clean and sanitize the house. The kids just got over being sick and dh is now sick! These products will come in handly. The wipes and sprays will be great to clean the germs of the surfaces. Will post more later.

.Angelica.
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:43 PM

awesome!

tayanddyl
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:42 PM

we wash, wash, wash!  this is the best germ fighter

HTMommy
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Oh yea...my boys come running up to me with the phones all the time. They don't talk on them much but all the adults who are usually sick hack all over them. blegh phones are super germy and supposedly cell phones are some of the most germy things on the planet :-(

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting HTMommy:

Hi ladies! I was one of the moms picked to do this influencer. I have 3 little boys aged 9, 7, and 3 and let me say they are germy little boys! Being in school and just being gross little kids I jumped on the opportunity to help fight off and eliminate some germs, bacteria and virus's.

In my box came antibacterial soap and it smells AMAZING! Its Dial White Tea and Vitamin E. Its not drying, and the boys love the way it smells.

I also got some clorox wipes, that I used to wipe down EVERY handle in my house and the phones.

I got some tissues that are almost gone because of allergies and colds that we've been fighting since before I got the box :-)

Lastly I got some Clorox Clean-up spray with bleach and have been using it on the hard surfaces....especially in the bathroom.

That's a great idea to wipe down phones, I hadn't thought of that =)

momto1ryen
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I recieved my box of Clorox items yesterday and I was so excited I started cleaning. First thing was my bathroom. I used the Clorox spray and I put out the new hand soap, which by the way smells fabulous!!!! I'm a huge bleach person. I love the smell of bleach, but more than that I have a "need" to have my bathroom smell like bleach. I want whoever uses it to feel like it just got cleaned for them. Well the spray made my sink nice shiny which I was surprised it did. IT saved me time not having to go over it again with a shining spray. I then cleaned my toilet and shower with the spray. Since my bathroom isn't ventilated the best I have to be careful with mold and I love how wiping it with bleach made me feel like I was killing anything that even thought of growing. Now the smell is pretty powerful however since I like that smell it was a bonus for me. I then wiped my light switches and knobs in the house with the clorox wipes. I used the fresh scent and I really liked it. I absolutely feel like it got my things clean. I will continue to use the cleaners, but my initial thought is I love them. I nornmally use Lysol disinfectant spray and I for sure like the wipes better since it cleans and disinfects at the same time. I also normally clean my bathroom with a bleach water mix so I really like the spray. Going to keep using them and I'll check back in a few days!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)