Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

weight GAIN

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 8:48 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello everyone. I am new to this group. I joined in hopes I could get some tips/advice on weight GAIN. 

I am 23 and have had trouble maintaining weight for as long as I can remember. I am 5'6 and only weigh 90 lbs. The most I have ever weighed was when I was pregnant (of course!)  I get comments constantly on how i need to eat more and ppl thinking i am anorexic. I am eating 6-7 meals a day and i feel as though all I do is eat. Yet I still dont gain. I have no energy and just feel blah all the time. I am lost as to what to do. So if any of you have any ideas I would GREATLY appreciate it. TIA!

by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:27 PM

What do you typically eat in a day?

Satan71
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Yes please answer this and we can see where you might be able to tweek things, to gain more weight.

Quoting michiganmom116:

What do you typically eat in a day?

shadenn766
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 9:17 AM

make sure that you consult the dr. also...good luck

BelindaDuvessa
by Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I recommend first, setting a goal weight.  At this point, 110 pounds is a good start.

Next, go make a profile at myfitnesspal.com and set your weight gain to .5 pound per week gain.  It will give you a calorie goal.

Exercise.  I know this seems counter-productive, but doing some weight lifting will help you in the long run.  I'd stay away from cardio, though, unless you just want to.  Always try to make your *NET* calories as 0.  This will ensure that even with the exercise, you will still gain weight.  The exercise will also help with your energy and mood, as well as the eating more.  I'm sure most of that is tied to you being "malnourished".

Get a supplement and take it.  I would actually pick an OTC prenatal pill right now.  It's higher in most essential vitamins and minerals.  The one I currently take also have DHA and fish oils in it.  So something to think about.  It's Nature Made, 60 pills, take one a day.

When you eat, make sure to eat full fat versions of foods.  You can still eat healthy and gain weight.  You don't have to eat junk foods, either.  And you'll get the hang of it better once you start.

Talk to your Doctor and discuss any weight gain/loss plan with them.  A Doctor or Nutritionist might have other ideas for you.

After about a month, if you're feeling better, you might think about upping your calories again.  But again, talk to your Doctor.  And listen to your body.  It will tell you if something is wrong.

asaffell
by Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you had a thyroid panel done?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN