Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Label It Yourself!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:51 PM
  • 12 Replies

Always thought about doing this:

Label It Yourself!

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juniper53098
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Great idea.  Maybe my DH would get it if I did this....

abra
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 5:47 PM
The picture is of someone sticking labels on in the grocery store...pretty sure you can get arrested for that! Lol! But I agree, awareness would be good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Yeah, that's why I hadn't actually done it (yet). I was still considering though... I would just have to be sneaky! LOL

Quoting abra:

The picture is of someone sticking labels on in the grocery store...pretty sure you can get arrested for that! Lol! But I agree, awareness would be good.

Juniper53098
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:14 PM

HAHA  I didn't catch that.  I was just thinking of labelling what my DH insists that I buy for him.

Quoting abra:

Kelly913
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Not sure why it'd be illegal? Go for it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I like that :)

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I know the Ancestral Health world is HUGELY disappointed in the failed Proposal...but you can't fight Big Bucks (Monsanto).  I've heard of several people that have ordered these stickers and plan to head to their stores.  : )

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I suppose it's considered 'tampering with product packaging.' At the very least, it may be considered vandalism.

It's important enough that I think it's worth the risk, though.

Quoting Kelly913:

Not sure why it'd be illegal? Go for it!

JennMcBride
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:45 AM
I'm sorry if I'm stupid but what are GMOs?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 6:49 AM

Quoting JennMcBride:

I'm sorry if I'm stupid but what are GMOs?

Genetically Modified Organisms.  Many basic foods that are being commercially grown have genetically altered DNA to make them grow faster, grow bigger, resist pests, produce more, etc....not through natural means but through laboratory interference.  Many of these items have had DNA from another species forced into their DNA strand.  Many of them contain toxins.  Many of these things are dangerous to consume, but Monsanto, the corporate giant behind all of this, will not allow those results to be released to the general public.

The most commonly consumed GMOs are grains (corn, soy, wheat), some vegetables, and some fruits.  Remember, too, that most animals meant for consumption or their products are for consumption are fed these grains.  HFCS from GMO corn is found in thousands of food products.  Thus, we humans as the end of the food chain are consuming genetically altered mutant food or things that have eaten the genetically altered mutant food, and it is true that you are what you eat.  In one study, pregnant women that consumed GMO foods passed the toxins along to their babies, who were tested after they were born and found to contain the toxins.

It's possible to avoid GMOs, but it's very difficult to know what is what if they're not labeled.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)