Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Do you meal/menu plan ?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you meal/menu plan ?

Options:

Yes, always .. please ahare

It depends .. on what?

Sometimes .. please share

No .. why not ?

Other .. please share

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 26

View Results

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Replies (51-60):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:29 PM

LOL .. I get that  ..  so fun :)

Quoting timon95:

yes! and the kids love it! nothing better to them than being able to eat breakfast twice! lol!

Quoting hugss:

Those kinds of meals can be the best sometimes ..
Easy, simple & still yummy :)

Quoting timon95:

Yes, it is helpful. although we do have some weeks where i am just totally clueless as to what i am going to make so it turns out to be a cereal, waffle, soup or eggs and toast night.

Quoting hugss:

Sure that makes sense .. least you have the ideas & things for the meals for the week though,
that has to be very helpful I am sure ;)

Quoting timon95:

i plan meals sometimes. our schedule is so busy, i have to adjust cooking and meals around it. we have activities almost every night of the week, we need to work our meals around those times and around hubbies schedule

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I do. It keeps me sane not being stressed about what to fix at the last minute, and it also helps the budget because nothing gets forgotten in the back of the produce bin till it's too late to use. I get a weekly delivery of farm to table produce-so I start there, then check what I need to use from refrigerator, freezer and pantry, then check sales ads to see what's a good buy. I also often cook double meals, serve half and freeze half for a later easy meal. That being said-life gets in the way and plans change-so I'm flexible. Things often get changed around. I belong to the Meal Planning Group, and that's a big help to get ideas from other moms when they post their weekly menu.

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:27 AM

How organized you sound, wow!  That's terrific!
Love the idea of double meals & freezing 1/2 .. smart & sure makes it easier for another meal.
We try something similar  as well.
I bet that group helps as well.
Nice to be so organized , less stressed when it comes to meal time.
And of course savings of monies are always nice ;)

Quoting SweetLuci:

I do. It keeps me sane not being stressed about what to fix at the last minute, and it also helps the budget because nothing gets forgotten in the back of the produce bin till it's too late to use. I get a weekly delivery of farm to table produce-so I start there, then check what I need to use from refrigerator, freezer and pantry, then check sales ads to see what's a good buy. I also often cook double meals, serve half and freeze half for a later easy meal. That being said-life gets in the way and plans change-so I'm flexible. Things often get changed around. I belong to the Meal Planning Group, and that's a big help to get ideas from other moms when they post their weekly menu.

marisab
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:36 AM

It depends because on time of year,how much time i have and what we are wanting that day cause soimetime si have a plan and change it

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Thanks for the kind words. I've been doing this for quite awhile, so it's easier now than when I started. My advice to someone just starting out is to not get discouraged if things throw you off, just try again. It will get easier and the  little time you spend planning will save you time when it's time to cook.

Quoting hugss:

Love the idea of double meals & freezing 1/2 .. smart & sure makes it easier for another meal.

Quoting SweetLuci:

hugss

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Oh yes I think things like this definitely get easier as time goes on,
Like you say not to get discouraged or thrown off by certain things.
It all helps to make/simplify our lives which to me is great :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

Thanks for the kind words. I've been doing this for quite awhile, so it's easier now than when I started. My advice to someone just starting out is to not get discouraged if things throw you off, just try again. It will get easier and the  little time you spend planning will save you time when it's time to cook.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting SweetLuci:

MommyofTandE
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I do somedays and then otherdays I space doing it and then end up just cooking whatever works

hugss

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM

That works though, LOL
Nice you can & then go with the flow when you need to :)

Quoting MommyofTandE:

I do somedays and then otherdays I space doing it and then end up just cooking whatever works

Kmakksmom
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:10 PM

We sit down with the kids in the beginning of the month and take requests of meals they'd like to have.   My girls are really good at throwing out good healthy meal ideas.  We usually can come up with 30 or 31 meals and go shopping each week based on those meals.

hugss

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:15 PM

That's so wonderful you do that with your kids!
Even better that they can come up with many healthy ideas/meals.
Sounds fabulous & so happy to hear this :)

Quoting Kmakksmom:

We sit down with the kids in the beginning of the month and take requests of meals they'd like to have.   My girls are really good at throwing out good healthy meal ideas.  We usually can come up with 30 or 31 meals and go shopping each week based on those meals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN