Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

What Do You Do During the Holidays to Avoid Putting on Extra Weight?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:25 PM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

Does anyone have any tips or tricks to avoid the extra weight that comes with holiday eating?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reina13
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:25 PM

For me, its not about how much I eat, because I control that. But it is more of what I am eating. There are so many things that I wouldnt normally eat, that I do during the holidays.

arpazia
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:34 PM
I don't have any. Thanksgiving and Christmas are the times I let myself go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I would say just keep counting calories like you normally would, but if you must indulge, don't go back for second helpings.

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Stick to real foods, stay away from the processed carb/calorie heavy crap, and take just a small portion of each item you choose to eat. You can always go back for seconds, but this way you won't overeat before your body registers it. Then, after the meals, go for a walk!
abra
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM
I just plan to put on a couple pounds!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tress1986
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Dont eat holliday except the actual days.Thanks giving feast and christmas dinner. You cant possibly eat that much over and you will gain a lb or two at most on those days which you can work off the next day. Biggest problem is that people let them selves go the whole two months cause stores sell junk food or people give away junk food such as cookies etc. So when you are tempted just remind yourself that on that day of thanks giving and christmas you can let yourself go. It works for me I dont put any weight on. 

BelindaDuvessa
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:47 PM

30 Days and 30 Ways to Stay on Track

If you can get to this one, it has some great advice....But mostly, I just try to watch portions.  I usually stay away from the more fattening stuff (stuffing, candied yams, pecan pie...) and go for the leaner stuff (Turkey breast, veggies, homemade cranberry relish.....)

Bambootrees
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:09 PM
I go for walks :) so much family around during holidays, I can get someone to watch my ds and then I talk my husband into walking with me...couple time! While walking = bye bye extra pounds.
cowgirls10181
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Ive been working out the last 15 days to hopefully loose a size, this way i dont gain more than my max weight. Also limit and portion control.
MichelleK41
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

This year it will be drink lots of water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)