Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

How do you get your kids to eat more healthy?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have a really picky 6 year old and she refuses to even try new things. I have tried every trick there is to at least make her try it.......no results!

Any tips ladies?

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
virginiamama71
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:15 PM
2 moms liked this

heres a thread on picky eaters, with alot of great advice

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114616/forums/read/17620104/Help_with_my_6_year_old 

timon95
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

sorry, no tips here really. i tell my kids that i am not a restaurant - they eat what i make or go hungry and will eat it at another meal. the only things i make that they do not eat and that i do not make often are hot chicken salad and chicken pot pie

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:09 AM
I try to have a lot of healthy options available, and easily accessible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cara124
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:59 AM

by making a variety of things & letting the kids "pick" which option they like.... My ped said a child will not starve themself ... So if there are no other "bad" foods in the house they will start eating the "healthy" stuff.

abra
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I am always honing my cooking skills so everything tastes good. If it tastes good, the battle is non-existant! My kids favorite foods are broccoli, asparagus, potatoes and fish!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RitaSchwarcz
by New Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Do not get me wrong we do eat really healthy and absolutely no junk in our household.....we never eat McDonalds or anything like that but I want her to try more combination foods and salads and stuff. But thank you for all the tips......I will try them all :-)

Juniper53098
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I tell my kids that they have to try 1 bite of everything on their plates if they want more or desert/snacks.

Heather2001
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I don't give them unhealthy options.  If all they have to choose from is fruit and veggies for a snack, that's what they'll eat.  Kids will eat healthy if they're hungry.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I found the older mine got the more willing they were to try new foods :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)