Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Vitamins?

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:17 PM
  • 14 Replies

Do you take any? If so what do you take?

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wandep
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I take one day women's multi vitamins.

sweetmissy_05
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:21 PM

One a Day Woman's Multivitamins.

nailz98
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:27 PM

IO currently take womens one a day, but want to switch to something else, just not sure what kind.

wandep
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Same here. I was wondering what else was out there. LOL

Quoting nailz98:

IO currently take womens one a day, but want to switch to something else, just not sure what kind.

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

No, we don't take any.  I follow a nutrient dense food pyramid/diet using whole foods and find that is more than enough for us. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I don't but DH does :)

emilyrosenj
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:14 AM
Nope we don't
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I take prenatals usually. Not that I am pregnant or breastfeeding now but it is just habit.

Rota
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Unless you are eating all the servings of fruits and vegetables you need every single day; eat fish that is not contaminated with pesticides, herbicides, fungicides or mercury, get your probiotics from fermented foods, then everyone should be taking a multivitamin.

How do you choose? Well, most of the one- a days- whether they are for women, children, men, prenatal, etc are made from cheap imitation vitamins - these are things your body cannot use- ever. So you are wasting your money at the least and harming your health at the most.

There are several top quality vitamins out there- but you won't find them in Walmart, your gocery or drug store or even a health food store. Shaklee, Herb a Life, and Melaleuca make some good ones. I take Shaklee vitamins and have not been sick ever despite the fact that I work in the Emergency Room and am exposed to sick people daily.

Mrs.Andrews
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I take a multi-vitamin and vitamin D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)