Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

I always feel tired...

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:10 AM
  • 13 Replies

I always feel tired. I take a multivitam and exercise regularly. Any other suggestions on how I could not make myself tired? :) Oh and I even have a nap on some days in car pick up line. We're always on the go too so that don't help.

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beenthere3
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Pay attention to your eating habits.  Higher protein and less carbs and sugar will help.  When I started a workout program that included a meal plan, it introduced me to a 40/40/20 way of eating.  The first thing I noticed in jacking up my protein was that within a few days I didn't have that "early afternoon low ready for a nap feeling" and the other benefit was that I just wasn't getting hungry.  Pay attention for a week to the number of grams of protein you're eating....I guarantee, unless there's a medical reason for you to be tired, it's lack of protein.

wandep
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:14 PM

thanks for the info :)

Quoting beenthere3:

Pay attention to your eating habits.  Higher protein and less carbs and sugar will help.  When I started a workout program that included a meal plan, it introduced me to a 40/40/20 way of eating.  The first thing I noticed in jacking up my protein was that within a few days I didn't have that "early afternoon low ready for a nap feeling" and the other benefit was that I just wasn't getting hungry.  Pay attention for a week to the number of grams of protein you're eating....I guarantee, unless there's a medical reason for you to be tired, it's lack of protein.

OilyMama
by New Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I have been drinking a supplement called Ningxia Red.  I wasn't even tired during my first trimester of pregnancy and I am sure it was because of this.  It is also good for the immune system, eye health, hearth health and more.  It ends up being about $2.25 a day.  I can help you order! andrea@lwnresources.com 

Mrs.Andrews
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Have your iron and vitamin D levels checked. Eat foods that will give you good energy and not wear off quickly.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM

All great ideas,
Hope they help & let us know :)

Join us at 

Time Out for You

heather4511
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:27 AM
B complex vitamin?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Maybe iron?

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Have you had a complete physical with bloodwork lately?  Fatigue can be a symptom of a few metabolic disorders...thyroid issues and diabetes come to mind.

How much sleep are you getting at night.  What is your sleep pattern like?  Many people don't get enough sleep (7+ hours) and don't sleep soundly.

You know me.  I'm almost 47, diabetic, have 5 kids and a granddaughter, homeschool, grow a huge garden, have a few farm animals to take care of, go from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. ...and I used to get the mid-afternoon slump.  Ditch the sugar and carbs (low carb, not no carb) and fill up on veggies and protein (nutrient dense foods) and you should be feeling better.  It sure helped me!

Harris06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I agree with everything that these ladies have suggested, good luck!! I feel like I am always tired, too, but I think that is just what comes from having a 3, 2, and 1 year old. I'm just tired. haha

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

When was the last time you had a check-up? You should rule out any medical conditions. Lots of different problems can make yuou feel tired. That was my first symptom that I had a thyroid problem. It's now taken care of and I don't feel tired like I did before. How much sleep do you get at night? That's also another cause. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)