Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living
I love pasta. It is always my go to favorite...almost any pasta dish. Pasta is also filled with carbs which you are supposed to avoid for health and weight reasons.

So how does one balance weight/health with their love of cards?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Replies (21-26):
aneela
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM

i dont think i could survive without lots of carbs lol, i love rice and breads and pasta too much

Sisteract
by Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Brown rice pasta-

We never eat any other kind.

copperswifey
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I do lettuce wraps a lot and if we do eat carbs like pasta I measure out how much we can have :)

Wish2Be
by Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I have done macaroni and cheese with cauliflower instead of pasta. It was pretty good.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Actually, pasta is very tasteless and bland without the sauces that we add to it. I don't think it's the pasta so much as the sauces that we like. So, I found vegetable substitutes: shredded cabbage or spaghetti squash for spaghetti pasta, cauliflower for macaroni, etc.
sunshinepraying
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I still eat them,..usually once or twice a week, but try to watch portions
sunshinepraying
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I would love to try these. My aunt said she's been eating spaghetti squash instead of pasta. That sounds really good.

Quoting Wish2Be:

I have done macaroni and cheese with cauliflower instead of pasta. It was pretty good.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Actually, pasta is very tasteless and bland without the sauces that we add to it. I don't think it's the pasta so much as the sauces that we like. So, I found vegetable substitutes: shredded cabbage or spaghetti squash for spaghetti pasta, cauliflower for macaroni, etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN