Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

If I could only give up the sweets!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm addicted to them. I am serious, like a drug addict!

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
Harris06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:43 PM

haha Right!

Quoting heather4511:

You only live once!

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

Janet
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Yes, sometimes.

Quoting heather4511:

Everything is good in balance and moderation. Do you run to the store for sweets if you don't have any? Its always easier to say no if those foods aren't easily accessible.

wandep
I luv Disney :)
Yesterday at 1:30 PM
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Yes, same here...I  hate it!

Janet
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:27 AM

I am not alone, Ha!

Quoting wandep:

wandep
I luv Disney :)
Yesterday at 1:30 PM
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:29 AM

LOL

Quoting Janet:

I am not alone, Ha!

Quoting wandep:

mnmo3bb
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:31 AM
I did the Maker's diet which phase 1 is an great cleanse and helps to detox from sugar. For over a year then only sugar I had was honey and a little maple syrup. It changed my taste buds and even now I am not super big on sweets but I do have organic sugar now... I know how hard it! Sugar is seriously addictive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Just take it one thing at a time and cut back slowly.  If you do go cold turkey, expect to have a withdrawal period but once you get past that it's not so bad.  I used to LOVE Coke.  I would drink several cans a day. I cut back to one a day, then one every other day now I don't even crave it anymore.  Chocolate was cold turkey.  I just avoided it for about 3 months and now I can eat a square or two without overdoing it. 

Make sure you have plenty of fruit around.  Some say you should avoid it.  For me, it helped me reprogram my sweet tooth to crave fruits instead of "bad" sugars. 

One last thing.  This may seem weird but season your food.  Onions, peppers, mushrooms, spices, fresh herbs.  My food is so full of flavor that my tastebuds are satisfied!!

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Good advice.

Quoting emilyrosenj:

Just take it one thing at a time and cut back slowly.  If you do go cold turkey, expect to have a withdrawal period but once you get past that it's not so bad.  I used to LOVE Coke.  I would drink several cans a day. I cut back to one a day, then one every other day now I don't even crave it anymore.  Chocolate was cold turkey.  I just avoided it for about 3 months and now I can eat a square or two without overdoing it. 

Make sure you have plenty of fruit around.  Some say you should avoid it.  For me, it helped me reprogram my sweet tooth to crave fruits instead of "bad" sugars. 

One last thing.  This may seem weird but season your food.  Onions, peppers, mushrooms, spices, fresh herbs.  My food is so full of flavor that my tastebuds are satisfied!!

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Giving up sweets is hard.  Make sure you have fruit handy. Make a pact with yourself that when you have a craving for something sweet, you will first drink a glass of water, then eat a piece of fruit. It works.

Janet
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll have to look that book up.

Quoting mnmo3bb:

I did the Maker's diet which phase 1 is an great cleanse and helps to detox from sugar. For over a year then only sugar I had was honey and a little maple syrup. It changed my taste buds and even now I am not super big on sweets but I do have organic sugar now... I know how hard it! Sugar is seriously addictive!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)