Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

So I am kind of at a loss as to what I want to make for dinner. We did soup last night and pasta the night before. I already have some cooked turkey thawed. I *think* I have some ground meat. I have chicken breasts and tilapia filets. I'm not anywhere near hungry, at the moment, so nothing sounds good. Just throw some ideas at me and hopefully something will jump out at me.

Thanks in advance!

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Replies (21-30):
Harris06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Oh thank you thank you! This sounds delish, as my 4 year old would say. Where would she even hear that?? I don't say that and we have not been around anyone that I know of or seen anyone on TV who says it! LOL

Quoting michiganmom116:

Santa Fe Chicken & Rice

• 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced thin
  • 8 oz. salsa
  • 1 8 oz. can corn, drained (I used frozen)
  • 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained
  • 1/2 c. shredded taco or monterey pepper jack cheese, grated
  • 2 c. cooked rice

Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat. Add chicken, cook on medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in salsa, corn and beans and heat through . Sprinkle with cheese. You can also choose to add the rice before sprinkling with cheese. Remove from heat and letset until cheese melts a bit. Serve over the rice if you didn't mix it in.

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Harris06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I'm odd, I know, I LOVE pineapple but do not like it on my chicken, pizza, or ham.*shrugs*

Quoting michiganmom116:

serve over rice

Hawaiian Chicken

Set oven to 350°F. Place chicken in baking dish. Melt butter in large skillet on low heat. Mix corn starch and hot water in glass or small bowl until well blended; set aside. Add excess pineapple juice from can of pineapple chunks.

Sprinkle pineapple chunks over chicken.

Mix brown sugar, salt, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, and chili powder in skillet until well blended.
Turn skillet to medium heat and let simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in ketchup and soy sauce. Stir in corn starch mixture and blend well, sauce will become very thick. Let simmer 2-3 more minutes. Pour sauce over chicken and pineapple chunks.

Bake chicken for 50-60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked completely through.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM

You can always rejoin .. it's an awesome group with tons of ideas/meals/recipes :)

Quoting Harris06:

I think I was a member at one point. haha

Quoting hugss:

Looks like you have been given some great ideas,
I also would like to suggest you join the *Dinner Ideas* group.
They have tons of new recipes every day which might help you with more ideas :)

Harris06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Oh I'm still a member. I just am a member of too many groups. I need to just purge a bunch so that I remember where I am. haha 

Quoting hugss:

You can always rejoin .. it's an awesome group with tons of ideas/meals/recipes :)

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting hugss:

Harris06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I just went and checked to see if I still was or not. I am. haha

Quoting Harris06:

Oh I'm still a member. I just am a member of too many groups. I need to just purge a bunch so that I remember where I am. haha 

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting hugss:

brvdsmom
by New Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Marking my spot

wandep
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM
chili in the crock pot
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Taco soup in the crock pot
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I guess I could have done that. I didn't even think of it. Well, shoot, I don't know that I even have time now.

Quoting wandep:

Turkey chili in the crock pot

kksmomma1019
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Yum, thanks for sharing!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Artichoke Chicken Bake

EASY yet elegant, and tasty!

• 14 oz. can water packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
  • 3/4 c. mayonnaise
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

Preheat oven to 375°. Salt and pepper the chicken breast halves and place in a greased baking dish.

Combine the artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and garlic; mix well. Spread over chicken breasts.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes until chicken juices run clear.

Makes 4 servings

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)