Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

What do you have for breakfast?  With our busy schedule I don't have time to cook "homemade" things for breakfast. Please share your ideas. :)

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Replies (21-24):
SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Cinnamon toast or cheese toast with hot cocoa is good and quick.

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Breakfast Cookies
2 eggs
1 cup raisins
4 cups Kellogg's Special K cereal
2 cups all purpose flour|
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
2 sticks softened butter
2 cups light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla

In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl combine vanilla, butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs. Gradually add flour mixture and stir in remaining ingredients.

Drop by tablespoonful onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Yields four dozen cookies.

mom2the.rescue
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I like to bake a bunch of biscuits and freeze 'em.  And I cook a bunch of crumbled breakfast sausage & freeze it.  You can throw the frozen sausage into cooking scrambled eggs, sooo easy.  For the biscuits, some are sweet & some are savory: I take out what I need & put it in a covered dish and bake on low till it's thawed and hot.  Tastes like it's fresh.  You can use it for breakfast sandwiches or whatever. 

flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 5:25 PM
I make pancakes and waffles in LARGE batches and then stick them in freezer bags in the freezer! They keep forever and they're handy and healthy for on the go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)