Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Cleaning

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:18 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do you teach your child how to keep there areas clean?

sweeping

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mom2aspclboy
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:51 PM

DS is nearly 18 now, but I did teach him when he was younger. He has always been expected to be responsible for himself, his own things, and to help out around the house.

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Yes. My boys are grown now and have told me  they're glad they were taught because they always seemed to have roommates that didn't know anything about how to load a dishwasher, etc. The 12 year old girl has to be reminded far less than the boys. It works out best, I think, starting when they are very little, with little things, like picking up toys, straightening up the bed,  and doing it with them so it seems like fun.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 1:35 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:08 AM

When my kids were younger I sure did try ,
Now that they are adults they do a great job on keeping their places looking very nice ;)

wandep
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Yes, I do! They have to clean their rooms and help me around the house a bit.

KamsOne
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I try.  And try.  And try.  Sometimes I just get tired of the fight though.  Problem is dd just has too much stuff.  We really need to do a big clean out.

virginiamama71
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:21 PM

My son is 10 and I have taught him to clean and always have to remind him when to clean.

pnut1027
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Yes my DDs are 8 & 6yrs old. They have a few things that they have to do daily & I sometimes ask them to help me with something.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)