Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Today is Day One (PIOG)

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM
  • 10 Replies

I need to make changes in my life.  I feel so out of shape and unattractive, none of my clothing fits.  This isn't the body I want to have.  I am not the person I want to be.  So today is day one.  I am changing my life.

My info:

Height: 64.5 inches tall
Weight: 138.4 (will be weighing bi weekly, first thing in the morning, same with the measurements)
BF% (navy): 29.9%
Neck: 12.75
Upper arms: 11.25
Wrist: 6 (0ver the bone)
Waist: 31.75
Hips: 37
Thighs (thinnest point) 15.5
Thighs (widest point) 21.75

I'm not sure what measurements I should be taking, but these seem to be the most common.

My goal is to get own to 17-18% body fat.

I think the first thing I need to do is clean up my diet.  My two biggest staples are quesadillas(tortillas with cheese salsa an beans) and ramen.  (Don't worry the kids eat better than me!)  I  eat this way because it's fast, easy and cheap.  You know what else is fast, easy and cheap - carrot sticks.  So today I'm hitting the farmers market.

The two main ways I plan on working out are jumping rope for cardio, and bodyweight for strength training, alternating days.

---

Any advice, encouragement, recomenations that you have would be greatly appreciated!  And, Thank you.

Eleanore, a  wife since 08/06; a Mom to Inara since 9/08, and Rowan since 1/12.

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1Trixie
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Dear you don't look as bad as you think you do! You can do this, standing behind you all the way! They have some really great prices and great fruits and veggies at the farmers market! Good Luck Dear!

Byrd15
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

You look awsome! :D 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

mom2aspclboy
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you look great, honest. In fact, your current weight is close to my goal weight, except I'm going for no more than 20% body fat (we'll see how it goes, I'm old & it's a bit harder to control for that...lol). I think you might just do better to focuse on being healthy & toning up, rather than on actual weightloss, because as you tone, you will automatically lose fat/weight, kwim? Mentally, at least for me, it's easier to think of it this way.

If fast, easy and cheap are your criteria for meals, then I suggest you look into "freezer cooking" or Once a Month Cooking (OAMC). It's when you take one or two days a month and prepare and/or cook all of your meals for the month (or longer or a week, whatever you can do) so that all you have to do is pull it out & either finish cooking it, only adding a few fresh ingredients, or just defrost & reheat. It's cheaper, healthier fast food from your kitchen, and there are tons of websites & books devoted to recipes, usually with nutritional content broken down for you, plus you can always substitute to make a recipe healthier.

CafeEm
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey there! Come join along with my weight loss journey over on The Stir.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/healthy_living/149266/these_healthy_swaps_helped_me

Would love to have you and anyone else looking for some motivation check in on their 2013 goals to get fit every Wednesday!

Cheers!

Emily // CafeEm

1Trixie
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Hello dear! Would love to watch your goals, the link just freezes my computer and goes round and round in circles and won't load. Any idea why? I use I.E windows 7 and sometimes Chrome. Thanks for any help you can be on getting over to the stir =) =Trixie=

Quoting CafeEm:

Hey there! Come join along with my weight loss journey over on The Stir.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/healthy_living/149266/these_healthy_swaps_helped_me

Would love to have you and anyone else looking for some motivation check in on their 2013 goals to get fit every Wednesday!

Cheers!

RiYahs_MoM
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

First and foremost: YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!

But, I do understand why you are feeling like you want to lose weight! I am rooting for you all the way!!! Good Luck and much success on your journey!!

Kleotide
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and compliments!  I'm looking forward to sharing with you all and helping one another accomplish our goals.

MrsMama030912
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Good luck. Today was day 1 for me as well. Although I didn't measure like you did. I look just like you though and I'm pretty sure my weight is the same. I walked/ ran on the treadmill for 20 mins and am trying to eat better. My weakness is sweets. 

Kleotide
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

So far it's been going really well!  I'm on day three, and I have noticed that I have a perk in my energy levels. I've cleaned up my diet, and found that preparing my own meals from scratch is a big money saver!  I do get HUGE cravings though.  I can't look at a picture of a chips or cookies without my mouth watering. 

So far my response has been to do three or four push ups and drink a cup of water whenever I get those cravings.   It also isn't helpful that there are still cookies in the house, along with other naughty items.

I allow myself ONE naughty thing a day.  This can be a single cookie, a cup of hot coco, something little, but yummy.  It allows me to give into a craving without feeling too much guilt, and makes a goal that I can reasonably stand by.    Once I stop getting cravings, or simply don't notice not eating a naughty thing for a day I'll move it up to one every three days, one a week, one every two weeks, once a month.  

Also if I miss a workout or have more than one naughty thing for a day I loose Internet privileges to my favorite sites for a day.  No CM, FB, Pinterest, Reddit for me!    There's a parental blocking program that I use for that.  

So far I'm feeling really great about myself and my progress.  I want to have a healty atletic body, and good life style.  I know that I can do it.

I know that I can do this!  You can too.  It's good to know that so many are in the boat with me,  we can hold one another up.

wandep
I luv Disney :)
Today at 1:30 PM
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM

You look great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)