Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

I was doing so good!!

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM
  • 22 Replies

Last week, I guess it was, I decided that I was going try and have a glass of water first thing in the morning after I woke up. It was going so well.....until this morning when I woke up thinking about my Dr Pepper, grabbed one, opened it, and took a sip. After I swallowed I realized what I had done. Shoot! Well, tomorrow is another day. 

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1Trixie
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:42 AM

One sip is better than the whole can! =) You can do this! Good Luck dear!

Harris06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Oh I drank the whole can. Tomorrow is another day. haha

Quoting 1Trixie:

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

1Trixie
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM

That's right dear tomorrow is another day! =)

Quoting Harris06:

Oh I drank the whole can. Tomorrow is another day. haha

Quoting 1Trixie:

Xfitmom
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM

If you took one sip you'll be fine. If it was one soda it's ok. We all have indulgences and it's ok to have one every now and again. It keeps me sane and on track.

wandep
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Get it out of the house and switch to coffee. That is what I did. lol  I drink my coffee black. If we go out I occassionally will get a coke...but I don't think I have had one in a couple of days. :) Good luck girl!

mom2aspclboy
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:49 PM

It takes time to make a new habit automatic, so don't give up. It may take a few fits & starts, but you'll get there!

momofsixangels
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:48 AM

At least you stopped yourself.Thats great! 

Harris06
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Oh I didn't stop myself. By that point I figured, "well, whatever, I already ruined that. Tomorrow I'll try again." LOL

Quoting momofsixangels:

At least you stopped yourself.Thats great! 

Vertical15
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM

You can do it!  I think they say it takes two weeks to make something a habit?  You'll get there!

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Sometimes when we're trying to be healthier, we slip up, we're human. Don't beat yourself up over it, just don't let it make you think that you should just give up. tomorrow is another day, and you can get back to drinking water again. I would get rid of the soda so you aren't tempted. If it isn't there, you can drink it. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)