Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

LEEP for abnormal pap

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi Ladies - Anyone have LEEP procedure for severe cervial dysplasia? Or do u know of anyone who has had this and it was a success? I feel so alone - no one to talk to would help me feel better if I knew there were survivors of this, thanks

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I've not had a LEEP procedure done.  I did have a few cryosurgeries over 16 years ago and have had no problems since. 

Remember, just because you have dyplasia doesn't mean you have cancer.  ~hugs~

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM
AND....I would advise taking Tylenol and NOT ibuprofen before the procedure. Ibuprofen is a blood thinner. The doctor told my DH to take ibuprofen before his vasectomy, then DH ended up in ER because the bleeding wouldn't stop. The ER doc said he should have taken Tylenol.
caham
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I haven't had LEEP but had the cryo (freezing) done but have since ended up having a hysterectomy ( best thing I ever did).

Christine - Group Owner Home Decor and So Much More!

Looking to get your Sexy Back? In as little as 45 Minutes, I can show you how!! Message me for more details. https://christinecunningham.myitworks.com/

JennieCarlson
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I had the cryo (freezing) done twice (after my first two babies) then got a dif OB and she said my stuff was a mess and I still had my HPV (came back after each kid) so my OB recommended a LEEP and it wasn't bad at all.  It was my first time going under anestheisa but I was up and going the next day.  Just had to wear pads til the bleeding stopped (ick and prolly TMI) but you can't wear tampons for fear of inserting bacteria (another big ick).  Go with you heart though, there are other options.  Listen to your body because it knows what it needs!  Best of Luck!

Oka80
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Hi. I have had a LEEP done about a year and a half ago. It wasn't as bad as I imagined it to be. Hang in there.hugs

Katt709
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I had the procedure in 1998. All my follow up visits were normal. The pain wasn't horrible but it's definetly not comfortable. I'd recommend taking a pain medicine before going and keep up with every however many hours its allowed. Also standing and sitting long periods made it worse. But I was fine within a few days. Good luck. You're not alone. This is very common!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2ellasophia
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Bless your heart. Im sorry youre going through this.

Here is a bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN