Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Weight loss: Not a good thing

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey ladies, I'm a 16 year old mother of one and I have been having some weight loss issues. I don't really know what it is that's causing it but I thought I would run it by you before rushing off to the doctor without reason.

I had my son almost 7 months ago. When I became pregnant I was 98-103 lbs depending on where I was in my menstrual cycle. At the end of my pregnancy I was 134lbs. Not even two weeks after giving birth I dropped down to 98lbs again. Now, at the time, I had room in my stomach to eat so I was eating as much as I could fit. Slowly though, I've been losing more weight. I stopped eating as much cause I wasn't hungry anymore. Eating became a chore. But over the last 2 months I've been eating regardless of what my stomach says about it, excersizing as much as I can with my current situation in life and I'm STILL losing weight. I'm 87lbs today, AND I'm on my period so I have extra water weight. I have practically no fat and almost no muscle on me. I'm not happy about it. I'm only 5 ft 3 and I'm a pretty petite individual with a reasonably high metabolism. I have a mental condition and I'm not on any medication.

I suppose I want to know if there's anything you know that could cause me to lose weight, or if there's something I can do to counter it without having to go to the doctors. :/ Thanks

-wgiytpcshy.

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Replies (11-11):
mom2ellasophia
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:17 AM

I would suggest some protein shakes. They will definately help you! But you should seek medical advice as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)