Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Anxiety meds...

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM
  • 9 Replies
Has anyone ever been on Celexa? How did it make you feel?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM
My dad is on Celexa for depression and it's really helped him a lot. I take Klonopin for anxiety attacks.
mami2my3rugratz
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:40 PM
I was prescribed Celexa today by a nurse practitioner where I receive therapy. She also gave me Valium. Do you take the Klonopin everyday?

Quoting michiganmom116:

My dad is on Celexa for depression and it's really helped him a lot. I take Klonopin for anxiety attacks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I take .25 mg. twice a day. 

Quoting mami2my3rugratz:

I was prescribed Celexa today by a nurse practitioner where I receive therapy. She also gave me Valium. Do you take the Klonopin everyday?

Quoting michiganmom116:

mami2my3rugratz
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Okay. She gave me the Valium for as needed but the Celexa to take everyday. How were the side effects for your dad that you know of?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting mami2my3rugratz:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:59 PM

He didn't mention any side effects and it did really help him, but I've heard a few bad things about Celexa.

Most doctors prescribe anti-depressants to take care of anxiety.  I saw a psychiatrist and she told me that depression and anxiety can't be treated with the same drugs if the anxiety is not a result of the depression.  My anxiety was a result of an enzyme imbalance caused by a closed head injury, so the anti-depressants that the medical doctors prescribed actually put me in ER in a zombie-like state because they suppressed the wrong enzyme.

Quoting mami2my3rugratz:

Okay. She gave me the Valium for as needed but the Celexa to take everyday. How were the side effects for your dad that you know of?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting mami2my3rugratz:

Quoting michiganmom116:

mami2my3rugratz
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I do find myself in a zoned out state then I get the attacks. Perhaps that's why she prescribed me Celexa. I don't want to take any meds but I gotta be able to love a fulfilling life.

Quoting michiganmom116:

He didn't mention any side effects and it did really help him, but I've heard a few bad things about Celexa.

Most doctors prescribe anti-depressants to take care of anxiety.  I saw a psychiatrist and she told me that depression and anxiety can't be treated with the same drugs if the anxiety is not a result of the depression.  My anxiety was a result of an enzyme imbalance caused by a closed head injury, so the anti-depressants that the medical doctors prescribed actually put me in ER in a zombie-like state because they suppressed the wrong enzyme.

Quoting mami2my3rugratz:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting mami2my3rugratz:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatmynameagain
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I was on Celexa for about a year since dealing with anxiety and depression. I found it helped with moodiness but not the anxiety aspect. It also made me feel exhausted @5that pm. I recently am weaning off of it to try something more geared toward anxiety since that's the worst. I took klonopin for a short time for the anxiety attacks and it helped alot. Other than feeling tired I had no other side effects from Celexa and I took it since May 2011-now. I've also heard of des prescribing anti depressants for anxiety its probably best to have your mess monitored by a psychiatrist if you can since they're trained specifically in theses mess and how to use them better than a pop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami2my3rugratz
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Thank you. After Zoloft made me feel like I was on my death bed, I was afraid to take the Celexa. I've been prescribed 10 mg by the nurse practioner where I go for therapy. I started off with just 5 mg, and I feel like I've worked a double shift or something. Overall, I feel okay. Hopefully once I get back to exercising, that can approve my mood as well. I seriously hate this and being told I have PTSD is just a bummer. :-/

They say that anxiety stems from depression and that's why they treat depression. That's what I've read.

Quoting whatmynameagain:

I was on Celexa for about a year since dealing with anxiety and depression. I found it helped with moodiness but not the anxiety aspect. It also made me feel exhausted @5that pm. I recently am weaning off of it to try something more geared toward anxiety since that's the worst. I took klonopin for a short time for the anxiety attacks and it helped alot. Other than feeling tired I had no other side effects from Celexa and I took it since May 2011-now. I've also heard of des prescribing anti depressants for anxiety its probably best to have your mess monitored by a psychiatrist if you can since they're trained specifically in theses mess and how to use them better than a pop.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Sorry havent been on it.I am on Zoloft

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)