Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

High blood pressure/No meds

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:22 PM
  • 12 Replies
If you have high blood pressure but aren't taking any meds, how are you controlling it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
givenshl
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I was diagnosed with Hypertension going on 2yrs this June. I have been on 2 different meds and a water pill. I could not stand it because my headaches became much worse and the water pill gave me bad cramps in my lower back.

I lost weight (so far 40lbs), I don't use salt on my foods and I just changed how I prepare meals (less frying being #1 change) so with that I was able to come off my meds (Lisinopril and Hydrochlorothiazide being the last ones I was taking). I still go in to see my Doctor every 3months and I check my blood pressure a few times a week for record keeping.

mami2my3rugratz
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:06 AM
My new doctor lowered my dosage on two(norvasc and hctz) and put me on a third one(bystolic) but the side effects were too severe. I was having blurry vision, headaches, chest pains, gas, stomach pains, numbness and extremely thirsty to name some. My DH had to take me to the bathroom just to pee because I was too dizzy. Right now, I'm praying that my hearing in my left ear is totally restored. So I stopped taking those meds and I've been on bed rest. I can't even work. I'm trying to muster up the strength to start working back out so I can lose weight. I want to come off of these meds 100%.

Quoting givenshl:

I was diagnosed with Hypertension going on 2yrs this June. I have been on 2 different meds and a water pill. I could not stand it because my headaches became much worse and the water pill gave me bad cramps in my lower back.

I lost weight (so far 40lbs), I don't use salt on my foods and I just changed how I prepare meals (less frying being #1 change) so with that I was able to come off my meds (Lisinopril and Hydrochlorothiazide being the last ones I was taking). I still go in to see my Doctor every 3months and I check my blood pressure a few times a week for record keeping.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kermitthemom23
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Google gerson
Or whole food plant based diet.
Its a bit extreme, but sounds like you are in need of extreme
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
givenshl
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM

O wow, Good Luck to you and I hope you get better soon.

Quoting mami2my3rugratz:

My new doctor lowered my dosage on two(norvasc and hctz) and put me on a third one(bystolic) but the side effects were too severe. I was having blurry vision, headaches, chest pains, gas, stomach pains, numbness and extremely thirsty to name some. My DH had to take me to the bathroom just to pee because I was too dizzy. Right now, I'm praying that my hearing in my left ear is totally restored. So I stopped taking those meds and I've been on bed rest. I can't even work. I'm trying to muster up the strength to start working back out so I can lose weight. I want to come off of these meds 100%.

Quoting givenshl:

mami2my3rugratz
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Thank you. I'm reading up on it now.

Quoting Kermitthemom23:

Google gerson

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami2my3rugratz
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. And great job on your weight lost. I have 21 lbs to lose. I'm gonna take it slow and steady.

Quoting givenshl:

O wow, Good Luck to you and I hope you get better soon.

Quoting mami2my3rugratz:

Quoting givenshl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kermitthemom23
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Dh has as bad family history. So far so good but if it comes to it this is the plan. He is hard core anti meds.
Good luck

Quoting mami2my3rugratz:

Quoting Kermitthemom23:

Google gerson

TiffanyD78
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I control mine with Zija! The healthy way.
mami2my3rugratz
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Thank you

Quoting Kermitthemom23:

Dh has as bad family history. So far so good but if it comes to it this is the plan. He is hard core anti meds.

Good luck

Quoting mami2my3rugratz:

Quoting Kermitthemom23:

Google gerson

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kermitthemom23
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Hope you are feeling better

Quoting mami2my3rugratz:

Thank you

Quoting Kermitthemom23:

Good luck

Quoting mami2my3rugratz:

Quoting Kermitthemom23:

Google gerson

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN