Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Trying to be healthy!

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hey ladies! I'm Tiffany. I've decided I need to take control of my health. I've joined a gym and have already lost 2 pounds! LOL. I'm surprised that I actually enjoy working out. They have a great kids gym where DS can play basketball, jump in a bouncy house, crawl through tubes, ect..

I think I'm gonna struggle most with eating healthy though. It's so easy at work to run to Panda Express and get my favorite lunch or order a pizza. DS needs to be healthier too. He's going from "husky" to pudgy pretty quickly. He doesn't like a single raw veggie and very few fresh fruits. When I find something healthy he likes, I try and include that with every meal. So, besides lunch, I struggle with dinner. My mom usually cooks, but she's not exactly a healthy cook. (She needs to gain weight, not loose.) Anyway, I always offer to make dinner, but she insists. She says she doesn't mind cooking cause I work all day, but I think she just doesn't want a healthy, non-greecey meal. Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of this group and looking forward to my new journey of living a healthy life!

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Rota
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Would you like to take part in our weight loss/healthy living "party"? I am inviting anyone who wants to do a 180- that is either to lose the weight in 90 days and then learn how to keep it off during the next 90 days or turn your life around 180 degrees. We show you everything- from staying motivated, to eating healthy ( entire family) , learn why you should eat healthy ( besides living longer), how to get your kids healthy and how to lose weight on a program that has been clinically proven to work. Let me know if you want to learn more and we can email details. I am a nurse and work at an Integrative Medicine clinic and we help lots of people lose weight.

singlemom1208
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Does it cost money?

Quoting Rota:

Would you like to take part in our weight loss/healthy living "party"? I am inviting anyone who wants to do a 180- that is either to lose the weight in 90 days and then learn how to keep it off during the next 90 days or turn your life around 180 degrees. We show you everything- from staying motivated, to eating healthy ( entire family) , learn why you should eat healthy ( besides living longer), how to get your kids healthy and how to lose weight on a program that has been clinically proven to work. Let me know if you want to learn more and we can email details. I am a nurse and work at an Integrative Medicine clinic and we help lots of people lose weight.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wandep
Please join my group Cleaning the Flylady Way. We'd love to have you! :)
21 minutes ago
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Good luck!

Rota
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Quote:

Does it cost money?

Quoting Rota:

There are some expenses because you are replacing meals with a healthy shake. There are lots of ways to minimize the cost but like everything in life, there is a cost to participate and a cost to stand on the side lines. For one person, it costs about $3.00 a day. Remember that it is not in addition to what you pay for groceries now- it replaces that cost. 

If you are interested, let me know how I can help.

smarlis01
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Congrats on taking control of your health and joining the gym! I'm a single mom as well and made the same decision around May of last year.  I lost 10 lbs from changing my eating habits alone.  I joined the gym at my job last August and lost 22 more lbs by December :)  You can do it.  Plan your meals and keep trying different meals with your son.  It was hard to get my LO's to eat healthier meals and snacks at first, but now they don't even mention fast food! 

Keep us posted on your progress!    

singlemom1208
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Yay!! I think that's so awesome!! Way to go mama

Quoting smarlis01:

Congrats on taking control of your health and joining the gym! I'm a single mom as well and made the same decision around May of last year.  I lost 10 lbs from changing my eating habits alone.  I joined the gym at my job last August and lost 22 more lbs by December :)  You can do it.  Plan your meals and keep trying different meals with your son.  It was hard to get my LO's to eat healthier meals and snacks at first, but now they don't even mention fast food! 

Keep us posted on your progress!    

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyD78
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Here are some websites to check out. Life changing!
www.drinklifein.com
Www.researchmoringa.com
YouTube video- discovery channel documentary on Moringa Oleifera
amberstars
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Hello and welcome!  I also want to get healthy for fertility reasons (I Have P.C.O.D.) and to be an example to our children.  It is hard changing your eating habits if you didn't grow up eating healthy or exercising/played sports as a kid.  This is true now in our technological ridden society today.  That is great that you lost two pounds already!  I keep telling myself I need to eat healthy and exercise more but I just don't.  Laziness on my part and I'm hoenst enough to admit that.  I've been eating oranges the past few days and plan on buying a bag of carrots with ranch dressing plus maybe a bag of oranges or tangerines to eat as snacks.  One thing I need to stop drinking is hot chooclate.   But htat is hard to do when it's been cold here in the mornings.  Can't wait until spring when temperatures will hopefully warm back up.  Eventually I want to make a vegetable garden and begin raising chickens.  We raise sheep at the moment.  I also need to try to cook more healthy foods but it helps that I am busy making meal plans where I try to follow the fod guide pyramid.  I need to eat more fruits and veggies in my daly diet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)