Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

How do you stop craving sugar!!

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM
  • 19 Replies

Any advice on how to stop craving sugar?  It seems almost imposible. I know i would feel better just don't know how to stick with it.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Google "21 Day Sugar Detox".  I had to go through it twice before I was able to break my craving.

smarlis01
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I used cinnamon supplements and cinnamon tea to help curb my sugar cravings.  I also use stevia in place of sugar. Now I only crave sugar occasionally, but when I do I treat myself to some dark chocolate.

Hang in there- it's possible!

AromaDrops33
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I've been using Slim & Sassy essential oil blend and its helped me tremendously with my sugar cravings and has helped me stay on track and lose a little weight. Let me know if you'd like more detailed info.

corrinacs
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Just don't eat it and drink tons of water :).  I get caught in the same rut, but it's easy to get out of .... just take a day or two of willpower :)

KCisPaulsMom
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep... the best way to stop craving it is to stop eating it at all. After a couple of days, your desire will lessen ... and eventually you will not be tempted much at all.

sunshine86912
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:08 AM

oh sugar is so evil!  I have to just cut it out 100% and then it gets better after 2 weeks

amberstars
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I just stopped using it.   Cinnamon PB toast is good and cinnamon has anti-oxidants.

Dragon, wife to Eagle.  Sister-wife to Swan and Rainbow.  Author, astronomer, world traveler, gamer, & reader.  Muslim revert.  In an inter-racial and cross-cultural marriage.

mom2aspclboy
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

The way I did it was to switch to a whole foods diet. I was still getting sugar in the form of fresh fruits, whcih helped with the cravings for the more processed crap, but because it was a healthier sugar, it wasn't as hard on my body and helped me to wean away from the bad stuff.

looneymom424
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I read an article that says we dont splurge once in a while like maybe a cookie then we quit the diet

Xfitmom
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I eat something sweet that is healthy like fruit. My favorites are pomegranate arils.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)