Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

How do you stop craving sugar!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Any advice on how to stop craving sugar?  It seems almost imposible. I know i would feel better just don't know how to stick with it.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Replies (11-19):
deedee3849
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Do South Beach diet. It has a 2 week detox from carbs and then slowly incorporates carbs in small amounts. I have found this style of eating helps tremendously with carb addicts. South Beach is actually not "low carb" but a "better carb" diet. The more sugar and carbs you eat, the more you crave....especially if they are empty carbs. When you begin to eat more protein and healthy carbs in small portions, cravings really do subside....I could not believe how much less my cravings were. I eat many things from this diet though I do not consider myself on this diet. It just has a lot of very healthy foods and retrains your metabolism.

Many meal ideas are found at http://www.kalynskitchen.com/

corrinacs
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, stop eating it :).  And drink water, and a ton of it.  In fact, water should be the first thing to touch your lips in the morning!

TrishaLea
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM

About 7 years ago I had a major issue with sugar, candy, cakes...anything sweet.  I go to a homeopathic doctor and I went to see her.  She told me I had parasites (sp?).  They live off sugar they consume all the sugar you eat and so your body then starts to crave sugar.  In the time that I had  these little monsters inside me I gained soooooo much weight.  I usually weigh about 120 lbs and by the time I went and sought help I weighed 160 lbs.  She put me on a supplement to help my body get rid of these darn things.  Within a couple weeks of taking these supplements I lost weight and stopped craving sugar.  With in a couple months of taking this supplement I had lost all my weight and was feeling great.  Now I am not saying you have parasites, but it might be a possibility.

Good luck!

Lola552
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Do you mind me asking what the supplement was you were taking?

momofsixangels
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I quit candy etc years ago.Honestly I just had to build up my will power.If you have to have something try one piece of suagr free.It tastes so good.

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I found that eating fruit when I crave sugar is a big help. It gets easier as you use less, you don't crave it as much.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:20 AM

When you find something that works for you .. let us know :)

aidensmomma508
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I don't know

WOFFT
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 4:55 AM
I just cut it out and eat something sweet and healthy like Banana, Pineapple or my favourite sweet on the go fruit Dried Dates.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)