Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

what do you do to stay in shape or what are you doing to get into shape?

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:49 AM
  • 24 Replies
I have a 3 month old daughter and every day I go for a 30 minute stroller ride out side or at the malland every ogher day I do weight and ststrength training. Breast feeding makes me eat like crazy so I eat very healthy low calorie foods since I eat a lot lol.
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:56 AM

I eat clean, whole foods and avoid food with grains.  That alone keeps my calorie intake down, since most foods with grains are pretty high cal.

I have a very hard time managing an exercise routine every day, but I do try to stay active.

greenhazel96
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Quoting michiganmom116:

I eat clean, whole foods and avoid food with grains.  That alone keeps my calorie intake down, since most foods with grains are pretty high cal.

I have a very hard time managing an exercise routine every day, but I do try to stay active.

great job
looneymom424
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I have cut sugar out of my coffee for now and have been eating less at mealtime..as a beginning start.  I dont want to go all out yet so I dont starve myself

givenshl
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Elliptical and treadmill for exercise, portion control, no eating after 7:30pm and this month I have eliminated red meat from my menu.

TiffanyD78
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I drink Moringa oliefera. Most nutrient dense plant in the world. I eat pretty clean too, but most of our healthiest foods nutrients are depleted. So your really not getting the most if what you need.
juju33422
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:18 PM

yoga has really helped me...i have chronic lower back pain and walking and swimming for cardio.

Xfitmom
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Crossft 6 times a week, Cardio Only the 7th, eat 90% Paleo, count calories, weigh food...It's awesome.

corrinacs
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I joined the gym at Thanksgiving LOL.  I know, funny time.  I started utilizing a personal trainer who is helping me GAIN weight by gaining muscle.  I am eating/drinking more protein too :).  Not that I'm body building or anything LOL

MusherMaggie
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I started walking but I have to be careful because I have really bad knees.
TrishaLea
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Since I had parasites 7 years ago and gained about 40 lbs from eating so many sweets I have tried to watch my calorie intake.  I am not always good about it.  I still eat fast food I still eat sugary sweets, but I minimize it and stay real about it.  I believe your body needs all the foods that God put on this earth...just all in moderation.  I also take a supplement called Protandim to lower my T-bars (blood test) and help reduce the amount of oxidative stress in my body.  I guess all that I am doing is working because my doc said I am one of the healthiest people he has seen in a long time :) Yay for me, lol!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN