Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

I'm so disgusted

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
I went to the Y today because I'm more determined than ever to get back in shape to improve my health. Well I come home and my DH is eating three manwiches, chips and cheeseburger hamburger helper. I'm like are you serious. He's not motivated to do anything to get himself in shape. I have panic attacks, PTSD, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and thyroid issues so I want to do the right thing. How can I stay motivated despite his binge eating and not wanting to do anything? He has health issues too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corrinacs
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Unfortunately, you can't really control what he does.  But its difficult having the temptation there!

Just keep telling him you dissaprove of it, and eventually it may sink in.  But you can control yourself :).  If you can get yousrelf in shape and improve your health, then you should feel like the superwoman you are!

mami2my3rugratz
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. I had like half of a manwich, a few chips and half of a ginger ale. He said that was his breakfast, lunch and dinner. Maybe seeing me improve will give him the motivation.

Quoting corrinacs:

Unfortunately, you can't really control what he does.  But its difficult having the temptation there!

Just keep telling him you dissaprove of it, and eventually it may sink in.  But you can control yourself :).  If you can get yousrelf in shape and improve your health, then you should feel like the superwoman you are!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rioux
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe if he sees you getting healthier it might motivate him to join you.  Either way you have to stay strong and get healthier for yourself!

mami2my3rugratz
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I hope so. He's up now eating junk.

Quoting Rioux:

Maybe if he sees you getting healthier it might motivate him to join you.  Either way you have to stay strong and get healthier for yourself!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyD78
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM
My husband is the same way. It really is irritating when they won't try to better themselves like we are. Even though I get frustrated seeing my husband drinking pop like crazy and eating chips and pop right before bed, I still stay motivated by what I want for ME! I have been religiously drinking my Moringa Oleifera, drinking water, making healthy smoothies, and making healthier food choices all together. I feel great and I'm a happier, better person because of it. Hopefully they will want to follow suit soon.
greenhazel96
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:29 AM
My husband is the same way but what i do wich has been making a big impact is I dont buy those things at the grocery store, if he wants them he needs to go get them himself and make them himself. I also make all the meals wich consist of a protien, grain and veggie or fruit and my husband complains a litle befor but eats it because nothing else is made and no junk is in the house amd he actually likes it. Its very different for him so its going to take him a while to adjust to the new eating style but once you have been eating really healthy for a while you start to appreciate it and turn to more healthy choices more often. I would start out but making the things he likes but healthy style. If he likes cheese burger helper try cooking ground Turkey and drain the grease, and some whole wheat noodles then add some fat free or low fat cheese with some fat free milk and some veggies in their too if it needs to be thickened up thicken it with some corn startch. Ease your way into it. Soon he will appreciate it!! And it will make you all feel good and have more energy to cook your own stuff with your own ingredients because it doesnt have things like additives, trans fats or high fructose corn syrup. You can do it mama!!
wayward_redhead
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:13 AM

Who does the grocery shopping?  If you don't buy manwhich, chips, etc then you don't have to be worried about being tempted!  It's hard to get the whole family on board but my advice is to make small gradual changes.  He might decide that he likes some of the healthier choices and start eating them more and slowly his eating habits will change.  Another strategie is to treat it how you would a smoker:  ask him not to do it around you or in the house.

mami2my3rugratz
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I've heard that Moringa was good. I've increased my water intake a lot. Not a fan of water but I know it's essential.

He's been to the gym with me a few time so I would say that's definitely a start.

Quoting TiffanyD78:

My husband is the same way. It really is irritating when they won't try to better themselves like we are. Even though I get frustrated seeing my husband drinking pop like crazy and eating chips and pop right before bed, I still stay motivated by what I want for ME! I have been religiously drinking my Moringa Oleifera, drinking water, making healthy smoothies, and making healthier food choices all together. I feel great and I'm a happier, better person because of it. Hopefully they will want to follow suit soon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami2my3rugratz
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I do cook home and cook as healthy as possible. On weekends I do splurge. It has helped a lot with my weight loss goals. I notice he's starting to cook healthier or fix a healthy snack.

Quoting greenhazel96:

My husband is the same way but what i do wich has been making a big impact is I dont buy those things at the grocery store, if he wants them he needs to go get them himself and make them himself. I also make all the meals wich consist of a protien, grain and veggie or fruit and my husband complains a litle befor but eats it because nothing else is made and no junk is in the house amd he actually likes it. Its very different for him so its going to take him a while to adjust to the new eating style but once you have been eating really healthy for a while you start to appreciate it and turn to more healthy choices more often. I would start out but making the things he likes but healthy style. If he likes cheese burger helper try cooking ground Turkey and drain the grease, and some whole wheat noodles then add some fat free or low fat cheese with some fat free milk and some veggies in their too if it needs to be thickened up thicken it with some corn startch. Ease your way into it. Soon he will appreciate it!! And it will make you all feel good and have more energy to cook your own stuff with your own ingredients because it doesnt have things like additives, trans fats or high fructose corn syrup. You can do it mama!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami2my3rugratz
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:35 PM
I usually do the shopping and he tags along, because he like the children just want to beg for junk. He is trying lately and will ask sometimes if I want some junk he's purchased on his own and I simply so "No thank you." He's starting to see my healthy results and is trying to follow.

Quoting wayward_redhead:

Who does the grocery shopping?  If you don't buy manwhich, chips, etc then you don't have to be worried about being tempted!  It's hard to get the whole family on board but my advice is to make small gradual changes.  He might decide that he likes some of the healthier choices and start eating them more and slowly his eating habits will change.  Another strategie is to treat it how you would a smoker:  ask him not to do it around you or in the house.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)