Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living
I went to the Y today because I'm more determined than ever to get back in shape to improve my health. Well I come home and my DH is eating three manwiches, chips and cheeseburger hamburger helper. I'm like are you serious. He's not motivated to do anything to get himself in shape. I have panic attacks, PTSD, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and thyroid issues so I want to do the right thing. How can I stay motivated despite his binge eating and not wanting to do anything? He has health issues too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Replies (11-12):
stayathommom
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:37 PM

When I started working for a company that sells, among other things, protein shakes and weight-loss "candies," I started learning more about clean eating. We have monthly seminars at which we discuss what types of foods are linked to certain diseases, etc. After attending my first seminar, in January, I came home and told my DH that we were making major changes in our house. Knowledge is power, baby! He was reluctant at first and is now 100% on board. Just be patient, he should be inspired and come around. 

brownhoney21
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Quoting Rioux:

Maybe if he sees you getting healthier it might motivate him to join you.  Either way you have to stay strong and get healthier for yourself!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN