Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Tried something new to relieve the stress

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM
  • 10 Replies

I tried something new to relieve the stress I go through once in a while.A couple good friends of mine talked me into Yoga 3 weeks ago.It was no way at first and I seem to like it.I have been through some stress and my doctor said something has to be done to control it.I go with my friends Jen and Ali,they talked me into it and go every Monday and Wendsday night.I was raised it does not hurt to try something new,Jen and Ali were right about the Yoga.Seen my doctor today and was proud of me doing this.Lost a few pounds also too doing this.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Diamondblue1
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:45 AM

that's good. i need to something for stress and weight loss myself

TiffanyD78
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Exercising and nutrition is key! I drink Moringa Oleifera everyday to get all my daily vitamins and nutrients that you can't even get from our most healthiest foods. Here is some research on it. My friend lost 60lbs. I'm not a big person at all, but I have maintained the best weight of my life after having 2 children. Www.researchmoringa.com. Let me know if you need more info. I'd be happy to help! 😊
AromaDrops33
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:42 AM

That is a great stress reducer and not to mention weight loss reducer. I would also try some DoTerra lavender essential oil. You can use it while your at yoga as well, it's a wonderful natural stress reducer :)

greenhazel96
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Good job!! Excersize is a natural way to relieve stress. It releases feel good hormones. Every time I feel stressed I do a little work out on you tube or go out for a walk amd it helps. Now if you are really stressed it may take a little time for you to be noticing a big change I your stress but when you do it will be so beneficial!!! Take 2 walks a day for atleast 15 mins but 30 mins is the best!! Or do some 10 minute work outs or yoga on youtube even if you dont feel like doing it. You will feel better. I have to push my self sometimes but most of the time I feel so much better!! Good luck.
angelicav12
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM

The yoga has helped control my stress.I have a stress ball in my office at work i squeeze.Realized I needed to control my stress.I need to lose a few pounds anyway,some of my clothes don't fit me very well with a tight fit.

momofsixangels
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I should try this.I have so much stress and nothing else seems to work

angelicav12
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM

It has been working,my stress levels are lower and I keep on losing the pounds.I get my workout at work,I am on my feet walking around

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Good for you. Yoga can be very beneficial in relieving stress.

aidensmomma508
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM

That's great I've tried yoga too it does work

Vertical15
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Thats excellent!  I wish I was ready for Yoga.  I do it through the Wii Fit on occasion but not in a group class.  I do get regular massages and those help me take time for myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)