Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

12 weeks to a healthier me!

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am starting a 12 week challenge to a healthier me.  I am hoping my posting this and posting weekly updates it will help me stay on track.  In the 12 weeks I plan to slowly reduce carbs, pop, and snacks while increasing water, fruits, vegetables, and fiber.

Starting tomorrow I will not eat any bread, pasta & chips.  I will eat 1/4 of a cup of fiber one everyday.  I will also do 10 sit-ups, squats, and lunges everyday!

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
smarlis01
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Congrats on taking steps towards a healthier you!!

clapping

wayward_redhead
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Good for you for making the change!  You won't regret it!

My advice is after 10 days rotate the exercises you are doing to new things.  Do 10 jumping jacks, crunches and pushups instead, etc etc etc.  12 weeks is a long time to do only 3 things.  Your body will evolve and it will be too easy and you'll also miss out in other areas.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
Today at 12:26 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Sounds wonderful!
How  have you been doing?

paytonleximomma
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Way to go momma.  I just recently gave up pop.  I thought that I would die without it and I am going into my 2nd week without it and I feel great.  I am not giving up carbs totally but am defiently not eating near as many as I was.  I have started to cook alot healthier for my family and with much surprise my kids dont mind.  I am also starting a healthier me program that I came up with myself.  So I will always be here to cheer you on.

mnmo3bb
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:42 PM

YAY! I'm doing no grains or starches during the week, it's helping me focus on meats & veggies :)

aidensmomma508
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Good job!  How is it going? Post some progress here 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN