Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Healthy Toddler snacks/lunch ideas

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

Help!

I'm running out of ideas.  Baby is almost two, I can't get him to eat raw veges and i'm worried he is having too much fresh fruit (it's affecting his diaper, if ya know what i mean)  It's the easiest thing to get him to eat.

Maybe recipes i can make once a week and use as snack for a few days?

by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM

My toddler granddaughter LOVES taco salad, especially the black olives.  She also likes avocado mashed with banana -- avocado is technically a fruit but is very healthy.  She loves chunky salsa with chips.  There are still plenty of raw veggies she doesn't like, I think because they're still harder to chew.  She doesn't care for raw carrots or celery, for example.

Will he eat cooked veggies?  you could bake a sweet potato or two then cut it into chunks for snacking, or make sweet potato fries.  Roasted veggies are another good way to get veggies cooked for him without losing the vitamins.  Homemade kale chips are pretty good with homemade dip.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:51 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I like the ideas from the op,
Hopefully others will give you more ideas :)

mnmo3bb
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Yogurt, cheese, crackers, smoothies (great way to hide veggies!)
SweetLuci
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Chunks of cheese, turkey and ham. Yogurt. When my kids were toddlers, they loved frozen peas, right out of the freezer. Try shredding up carrots. Will he eat steamed veggies? English muffin with cream cheese.  Put fresh spinach in a fruit smoothie (fresh or frozen fruit and yogurt) You can't taste the spinach.

momofsixangels
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Cheese sticks.My kids loved them when they were little

mnmo3bb
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Great advice! Some veggies are better cooked, or lightly cooked. Dips like hummus and sour cream with seasonings is an easy way to make veggies easier to go down :)

Quoting michiganmom116:

My toddler granddaughter LOVES taco salad, especially the black olives.  She also likes avocado mashed with banana -- avocado is technically a fruit but is very healthy.  She loves chunky salsa with chips.  There are still plenty of raw veggies she doesn't like, I think because they're still harder to chew.  She doesn't care for raw carrots or celery, for example.

Will he eat cooked veggies?  you could bake a sweet potato or two then cut it into chunks for snacking, or make sweet potato fries.  Roasted veggies are another good way to get veggies cooked for him without losing the vitamins.  Homemade kale chips are pretty good with homemade dip.

aidensmomma508
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Jello?

inmybizz
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM

will he drink smoothies. There are tons of great recipes for fruit and veggies smoothies.  For some kids it's easier to disguise the veggies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN