Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Today I went for a walk, jog, walk

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 43 Replies

Part walk part jog, part walk.  It was the first time I've tried jogging for a long time, I enjoyed it but also felt embarrassed. My entire body was jiggling even my face. Plus all these cars were going by it was kind of embarrassing lol 

any tips for a beginner jogger? 

by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensmomma508
by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM

I'm going for another walk jog in a half hour

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:35 AM

I think what you're doing is FINE! 

I set a new distance goal for the jogging every 3 times I go.  It can be 10 more steps or another 1/8 mile or even 1/4 of a mile.  You'll be surprised at how quickly that extra bit will build up!

aidensmomma508
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Thanks I did go a bit longer today walking jogging about the same as yesterday

Quoting michiganmom116:

I think what you're doing is FINE! 

I set a new distance goal for the jogging every 3 times I go.  It can be 10 more steps or another 1/8 mile or even 1/4 of a mile.  You'll be surprised at how quickly that extra bit will build up!

batjmom
by Sarah on May. 10, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I think your doing great!! I'm not a jogger but I use an elliptical every day. I just started slow and built up my time and incline.
Keep up the great work
aidensmomma508
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you it's hard to get back in the routine of working out, but usually once I start I can keep going. If I stop then oh man I hope I don't this time!  

The way back I did walk a bit slower but I made it lol

Quoting batjmom:

I think your doing great!! I'm not a jogger but I use an elliptical every day. I just started slow and built up my time and incline.
Keep up the great work

inmybizz
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 10:11 AM

only advice is....just keep it up!!

aidensmomma508
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Thank you

Quoting inmybizz:

inmybizz
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I felt the same way when I got back into pilates. I had gained a little weight, I wasn't as flexible, I got winded easily..I just had to tell myself to stay focused and don't give up.  It didn't take long for me to get back into the swing of things..

Quoting aidensmomma508:

Thank you

Quoting inmybizz:

aidensmomma508
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Thanks for sharing gets me motivated

Quoting inmybizz:

I felt the same way when I got back into pilates. I had gained a little weight, I wasn't as flexible, I got winded easily..I just had to tell myself to stay focused and don't give up.  It didn't take long for me to get back into the swing of things..

Quoting aidensmomma508:

Thank you

Quoting inmybizz:

Barabell
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I'm trying to get back into shape too, but I'm using a gym in my work building instead (which is less than a month new!!).

My biggest hurdle is making it a habit. I know it takes 6 weeks of doing something to make it a habit, so my biggest suggestion is to push yourself for the next 6 weeks to make the walking and jogging a routine. At the end of the 6 weeks, it should be easier to stick to that routine even if you have to miss a day here or there.

I'm just finishing week 2 of going at least 4 times a week, so I've got 4 more weeks of pushing myself to make working out become a habit for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)