Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

What's in your medicine cabinet?

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 3:49 AM
  • 11 Replies
Do you take any supplements to keep you healthy? What do you use when you come down with something or get hurt?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this

No regular supplements here. 

When the family starts coming down with something or if I feel that I may be coming down with something, I load us up on Vitamin C in food or hard candy supplement form.  I make a point to push cold fluids and to avoid sweets & dairy and we do a lot of hand washing.  We've done pretty well this way, with only ONE instance of illness in the past 2 years in my case.

If we get hurt (broken skin/bleeding), we make it bleed (our bodies way of cleaning out a wound), then soak in a betadine solution if the wound is deeper.  If stitches are needed, we head for the doctor.  Otherwise it's antibiotic ointment and a bandaid for a couple of days until the wound starts to close from the inside out.  If the surface closes first, I'll open it up again and repeat the above steps.

Puncture wounds get the same treatment and a tetanus booster if necessary.

Sprains:  ice for up to 72 hours, then heat

Broken bones:  trip to the doctor

aidensmomma508
by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this

No

Motrin 

batjmom
by Sarah on May. 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Not much.
Children Motrin
Tylonal
Dylsum
Karine561
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Lots of homeopathie meds and regular like advil or claritin.
inmybizz
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

mutli vitamin, iron pills, allergy meds, first aid stuff.

mnmo3bb
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I forgot to answer last night lol

I am working on investing and expanding my essential oil stock. I have lavender (good for healing/burns), Thieves (blend with cinnamin & cloves, etc - good for immunity & mouth wash), Oregeno (kills plantar warts) Peppermint (good for headaches, heart burn & nausea), Lemon (clarity, yummy in water), Peace & Calming (blend - calms down my 3 year old!!!) And more I am sure, those are just my favorites :)

Homeopathic I have Hyland's teething tabs, cold & cough, allergy relief, Flu care (like Tylenol), Arnica (like IBprophen)

Supplements I have/take Raw prenatal, probiotic, fermented cod liver oil. We also have a raw men's multi but my husband rarely takes it. The children have chewable multis and probiotics too.

I have activated charcoal for stomach viruses/vomiting.

Coconut oil is used for burns, sunburns, healing scrapes and as a skin moisterizer.

I might have to go peak to see what I am missing! We have the usual bandages, peroxide, rubbing alcohol, etc too :)

mnmo3bb
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM

That looks awesome!!!!!! I need to get mine organized ;) It's all pretty much in one place at this point at least!

Quoting Karine561:

Mobile Photo

Karine561
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:43 PM
I did it a month ago. It's great now I know what I have. Lol

Quoting mnmo3bb:

That looks awesome!!!!!! I need to get mine organized ;) It's all pretty much in one place at this point at least!

Quoting Karine561:

Mobile Photo

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:51 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Nothing on a regular basis :)

joanandgene
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

We use lots of lemons, salt water and garlic, I tincture elderberry, echinacea and jewel weed from the garden, so we have lots of quart jars tincturing at a time. We are using more and more homeopathic remedies as I get more familiar with them.  We also rely on silver and oregano oil.

Most people that look in our cabinet are afraid to ask what is brewing and what we do with it all.  We do have aspirin available for anyone else that may need them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN