Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

I walked 3.5 milles today!!!

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:20 AM
  • 21 Replies

I took the kids to a park that is 1.4 miles away, then we walked to Chipotle and back home. Google maps said walking it is 3.7 miles but we took a little short cut through a parking lot (kind of surprised it said to walk a block out of the way lol) but still... that was a long way! OH AND I pushed a double stroller the whole time! I feel good :) We are hoping to go to Chipotle and back regularly, that alone is a little over a mile one way.

And I got new batteries for my scale so it now says I weight 7 lbs less than when the batteries were dying lol I know I didn't actually lose the 7 lbs but it's nice to know that I hadn't gained 9 like I thought! Just 2 lol

How are you doing these days with being active? Are you loving the scale or hating it?

by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensmomma508
by on May. 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM

That's great good for you. I haven't tried chipotle yet.  It sounds good.  I don't have a scale but I may get one so I can track my weight loss if I have any weight loss lol I did walk today again 1 mile 

Vertical15
by on May. 16, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Way to go!  Last year my kids begged to go to a Dairy Queen over the summer and I said sure but we have to walk.  It was 2 miles one way.  I also had a cone once we got there cause it was hot the cone was refreshing LoL  It was quite the trip with three kids though.  My husband said never again!  I would do it again though.

Vertical15
by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I go to the gym regularly.  The scale isn't budging but I'm still going.  I also take my kids out often.  For walks, to the parks, playgrounds, etc.

paytonleximomma
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I have a love hate relationship with my scale.  I walk about 10 miles a day.  I walk 4 in the morning, 4 on my lunch break and 2 at night after the kids are in bed.  I LOVE TO WALK.  I also do squats, situps and push ups as well.  But I love the way I feel after walking.  Heck if I really keep track of all the walking I did besides what I map out walking I am sure I put at least 13 to 14 miles in a day. 

Barabell
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Good for you!

I've been trying to go to the gym regularly, but I haven't been today or yesterday because I haven't been feeling well.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You*, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM

That's awesome, huge congrats to you!
Nice on having lost thoose couple of pounds as well.
Hope you can do that walk a few times a week :)

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Never knew that old batteries could make the scale weigh wrong...I'm off to change the batteries.

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 7:51 AM

We have a Chipotle that recently opened in town, but I haven't tried it yet.

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Congratulations on the walking, and you get a reward by going to Chipotle. Good for you!

momofsixangels
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Thats awesome!!! Great job!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN