Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

How do you handle your sweet tooth?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM
  • 118 Replies
3 moms liked this
We all love sweet things - of course! But we all want to live healthy lives. So what to do? We sent 100 moms a package of Monk Fruit in the Raw - a new, all-natural sweetener - and asked them to swap it out for their usual sweetener. Meet them below and stay tuned for pictures, posts and more!
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
sunshine86912
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Think you for selecting me :). I don't really bake much with sugar..I try and do natural suagrs, like bananas instead of sugar in things I make. One thing I hadn't found a replacement for sugar though was coffee. I was hesitant to put this in my coffee because what if it doesn't dissolve? It did though, and worked great! It is pretty comparable to regular sugar and worked well in coffee. So if you want something that isn't Splenda(or another fake sugar), or regular sugar, you want to try something more natural I would say I've the monk fruit a try! Other sweetners leave weird after tastes and things and this one did not. I will be buying this for coffee from now on :). Will have to try it in some recipes as well :). Thanks cafemom and monk fruit in the raw for this great opportunity!
MaiasMommy619
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Hi there! My name is Safina. I'm a mom of 2 wonderful kids. I live in sunny Florida! I try my hardest to eat well and make sure my family eats well too. We try to keep a clean diet and stay active. After I had my kids I gained quite a bit of weight... Mostly because I love my sweets! I'm always looking of ways to cut back on our sugar intake. Looking forward to reading about you guys!
Idntreallycare
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm Mary. I have a major sweet tooth, and I'm working on replacing sugary items for healthier choices.

ashley9603
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Our family eats pretty healthy.I have a son that needs to gain weight so I make alot of homemade meals,smoothies etc.My oldest needs to slim down some so we have her eating a little more cleaner,as well as getting more activity in her day.I am a runner and run a few times a week.Hoping to do a marathon someday.My dh isnt on the healthy eating train,however he is a diabetic and I prepare his meals as clean as I can.

SabrinaLC
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Hi! I'm Sabrina and was chosen to try out the Monk Fruit in the Raw.

I'm mom to 3 boys ages 3, 5 & 7.  We all have a sweet tooth, and bake a lot.  We mainly use raw sugar, organic sugars too.   We also use fruits and vegetables in our baked goods.  

I'm interested to see what happens with the Monk Fruit in the Raw

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Hello!  I'm Lou Ann and I have 4 grown boys and a couple of grandkids who are here at least 3 or 4 times a week!  I try to eat the way I should but that's not always an easy thing to do especially since I love sweets so much!  I think all meals should start with them!  lol  Just kidding about that.  I do try to make sure the kids eat healthy and have a love of fresh fruit and veggies which I also love.  I'm looking forward to meeting you all and learning more about you.  Getting some good tips would be nice too.   :)

MrsRobinson06
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Hi! My name is Amy and I am a married mother of 3 from San Diego, CA. We are fortunate to live in such a beautiful city and enjoy lots of outdoor time which I feel is crucial to maintaining a healthy lifestyle in conjuction with eating well. My kids eat a piece of fruit as one of their daily snacks and they always have vegetables with their dinner. We all have a sweet tooth so on occasion I do let them indulge.

gypsy_rose
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Hi there I am Kandy. Mother of 5 kids ages 2 to 9. We have been looking for sugar replacement s
romalove
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I'm Robin.  I have a very big sweet tooth.  I have been concerned about the amount of sugars we were eating, and have been using artificial sweeteners.  Most of us are overweight, and I have a lot of concerns about the use of sugars and artificial sweeteners both.  I feel sugars can lead to diabetes but am concerned about healt effects from the artificial sweeteners.

I am using the Monk Fruit in the Raw now, and so far am pleased with how it is working.  We don't do a lot of baking, but we make sweetened iced tea here, by the half gallon, every day.  

We are a family of four, btw, in NJ.

MrsNewman
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Hey guys! My name is Shayna, and im a mother to 4 kiddo's! We eat a little bit of everything in our house! I believe that moderation is the key! Of course not to munch junk food, but a little here and there is okay! We like to stay active to, so I think that along with a well balanced diet is what keeps my kiddo's healthy!

emmy526
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Hi, I'm Emmy and i like to use natural sweeteners in my baking and fruited items.  I found Monk Fruit in the Raw to be very tasty and delicious on cut up raw fruits, instead of sugar.  Next i will try monk fruit baked into in my peach cobbler!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)