Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Why do apples do this?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:50 PM
  • 20 Replies
After I eat an apple I feel like I'm starving.
If I was only a little big hungry and just wanted a snack, after I eat an apple I'm much hungrier than before.
Does this happen to anyone else? Why does this happen?
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:02 PM

apples are a simple carb....fructose....and spike your insulin levels, which then dips your blood sugar and triggers the hunger response. 

Have some nut butter or cheese with the apple to add protein to keep the blood sugar dips from happening.

arpazia
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Thank you!
I thought something was wrong with me.

Quoting michiganmom116:

apples are a simple carb....fructose....and spike your insulin levels, which then dips your blood sugar and triggers the hunger response. 

Have some nut butter or cheese with the apple to add protein to keep the blood sugar dips from happening.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sara_7106
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Great suggestion

Quoting michiganmom116:

wandep
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:55 PM

IDK I always feel full after eating an apple.

arpazia
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:17 PM
My stomache growls and I feel like I haven't eaten in days.

Quoting wandep:

IDK I always feel full after eating an apple.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:19 PM

This is a great idea!

Quoting michiganmom116:

countrygirlkat
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Great advice!

Quoting michiganmom116:

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I'm glad (but not surprised!) that Rhonda had the answer for you... This is a good reminder for me to do the same when I send apples with my son as a school snack, actually.

sukainah
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I would have never known that!  Interesting

Quoting michiganmom116:

arpazia
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Me too.
I wouldn't have thought about it, it doesn't make ds hungry.
Good info!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I'm glad (but not surprised!) that Rhonda had the answer for you... This is a good reminder for me to do the same when I send apples with my son as a school snack, actually.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN