Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Chicken or fish?

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:16 AM
  • 15 Replies

Which do you prefer?

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:00 AM

I like both, but we eat more chicken because DH doesn't like fish.

MomTiara19
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Probably chicken...but I eat fish more.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I like to eat fish, but there are allergies at my house, so I hardly ever serve it.  I get my seafood fix out of the house.

meam4444
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:50 PM

chicken

MistressMinerva
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I like both.

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Oh that's not good!
My dad allergic to shellfish. But could eat other seafoods.

Quoting TigerofMu:

I like to eat fish, but there are allergies at my house, so I hardly ever serve it.  I get my seafood fix out of the house.

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Here too!
We have fish maybe once a month?

Quoting meam4444:

chicken

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I would love more fish but limit it since I'm still bf.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM
DS is allergic to shellfish and possibly some other kinds, DH is allergic to salmon, and struggles with some freshwater fish and a few others. We really never know when we buy packaged fish, but he can usually smell and taste it to see if it's going to be okay for him after we have it at home. Our 11 year old has some problems too. For a long time I thought she just didn't like it, but she seems to have some of the same problems as DH. I can usually get away with a clean whitefish, like Swai, or cod or pollock, but DS won't touch it at all, and I can understand that, so I usually just don't worry too much. When we eat at Golden Corral, which is at least once a month, all the other kids and myself can eat all the fish we want, though it's not as good as home cooked.
Quoting Hottmomma607:

Oh that's not good!

Quoting TigerofMu:

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Wow you to be really careful then!
Good you which ones he can eat!
Our Golden Corral is 1hr 15min away from us!*sigh* :-(

Quoting TigerofMu:

DS is allergic to shellfish and possibly some other kinds, DH is allergic to salmon, and struggles with some freshwater fish and a few others. We really never know when we buy packaged fish, but he can usually smell and taste it to see if it's going to be okay for him after we have it at home. Our 11 year old has some problems too. For a long time I thought she just didn't like it, but she seems to have some of the same problems as DH.

I can usually get away with a clean whitefish, like Swai, or cod or pollock, but DS won't touch it at all, and I can understand that, so I usually just don't worry too much. When we eat at Golden Corral, which is at least once a month, all the other kids and myself can eat all the fish we want, though it's not as good as home cooked.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Oh that's not good!

Quoting TigerofMu:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)