Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

How are the mosquitos in your area?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 7 Replies

Our county is doing their best to attack them but they are rampant here!

How are the skeeters in your area?

surrender

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CrystalYaris
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM

They weren't as bad this year as they were last year. Our county doesn't do anything to control them. It's left up to homeowners to fend for themselves. I have taken luke warm water put garlic in it (my brother suggested it), did not help. I've bought those citranella (spelling??) tiki things and put them around the seating and play area in my yard. I've sprayed and sprayed and sprayed myself and my son with repellant. While I was having a yard sale Saturday, I know I killed 4 or 5 of them nasty little things. They are attracted to my son more than anyone else. There must be standing water somewhere that I'm not finding for it to be so bad. My brother, 3 blocks from where I live, doesn't have a problem at all.

maria1613
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:10 PM
I don't know if it's true or not, but you lnow how tv and movies make the rat problem in NYC out to sound as if the rats are as big as people ..... that's how the skeeters are here
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Not bad, that I've noticed.

I live less than 100 feet from a swamp.  I also have PLENTY of birds that eat mosquitoes.  

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM

They are more vicious this year.  I was working in the garden, and got this gigantic bites all over my leg, I couldn't believe how many I had.  Mosquitos never like my husband but he got 10 across his chest, with his shirt on. 

meam4444
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Not bad at all...now we have a million flies though!
mamalynnsmith
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:20 AM

Not bad right now was worse earlier in the year in this part of mi.

liquidvelvet
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Not bad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)