Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Food advice, recently had gallbladder removed.

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:15 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello. New to the group. After I had my son I started eating healthier but still lots of room for improvement. He is five now and I recently had to have my gallbladder removed. My diet is causing a lot of issues with this recent removal. I was wondering if anyone had good idea's for recipes or meals that are not spicy, nothing with pork, and not greasy. Or if anyone had their gallbladder removed, things they ate that didn't upset their stomachs.

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:34 PM

My mom had her gallbladder removed and eats anything she wants, pork/spicy/greasy included.

Rota
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:37 PM

You are the best judge of what you can eat and what you can tolerate. No one else can do that for you. The gall bladder is just a storage area for bile that your liver produces. If your liver can keep up with what you are eating, then you will have no problems. Spices should have absolutely no effect on your food tolerance. As always, stay away from processed foods that have a lot of "bad" fat.

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:35 AM

My sister had her gallbladder removed and she cannot eat greasy foods or else she has major digestive issues.  She tries to eat more clean now.  She uses just a little oil cooking and tries to use portion control so she doesn't have any stomach issues.  She loves using ground turkey or chicken in pasta instead of beef.  She bakes chicken and coats it with breadcrumbs and has some kind of starch and veggie with it.  It took some time to find what can work for her.  Good luck.

Dreamly
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I lived off of salads when I had mine removed. I threw on chicken or beef, pretty much any meat that was served for dinner with everyone else. I hpe you start feeling better soon it didn't take long for me to be able to eat pretty much anything again without a tummy ache.

Vertical15
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:38 PM

My Dad had to have his removed and now eats anything he wants.  Which doesn't help that he needs to lose about 40lbs. . .

I say if you try some, it bothers you, try not to eat it again or aim for moderation.

Hevans84
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Anything greasy is going to give you a bit of an issue for a while. The good new is that over time it gets better! I had mine out 9 years ago when my daughter was just 6 weeks old and things are much better now! 

JenniferW67
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I had mine removed 7 years ago and haven't had any issues, but I don't eat many fried foods. I've heard some people have problems with PB and ice cream.

LadyBast
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Yes I had mine removed and have been miserable since.. My surgery was last year I was very sick before and after so I changed my diet drastically! I do not eat red meat only a hamb on the grill but 93/7 on the ground beef and this is maybe once every couple months, but no red meat is has the most fat, I eat a lot of chicken but breasts only and fish...

No chocolate either that is hard but you get used to it, and search on line for no fat recipes you find a lot I can make about anything now w/very little fat in it that is what kills me and soda never soda or coffee I only do coffee later am and right now but like 1/2 cup... Those things will effect you also.

Some people are fine and some like us are miserable after the surgery, I have to take Zantac also for the acid that is what builds up so bad and causes us or me to be in the bathroom sitting forever.. Also I take Align daily a probiotic and I also eat Activia daily and have found these help a lot.. Good luck need more help PM me I would be happy to give you links I have for food here is one for brownies :)  yep but only 1 piece and small and early do not eat the bad at night... Yogurt is amazing so eat it!!!

Fruits and veggies :)

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/healthified-chocolate-lovers-brownies/1a2d702a-38bf-4e56-9d44-502fba1373fa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)