Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

feeling screwed

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 2:31 PM
  • 5 Replies
I never ask to go anywhere or do anything. So I decided to join the gym and go to zumba and my bf would keep the kids. So Saturday after work I hit the gym and felt amazing! I planned to go Sunday, but a snow storm hit so I had to get little ones from the sitter a.d get home where my ds was. I was going to go yesterday after my bf got off work, but instead of coming here to my house to watch kids he went home and took a nap. He knew how important it was to me to go workout. So today he promised to be here right after work but guess what! Another snow storm so gym is closing early. So now I don't get to go again. And me and the girls had planned to do zumba and dinner tonight, but now we are all snowed in. It's frustrating because this is all I want to go do and I don't seem to be able to, but he always gets to go play darts on Tuesdays during season. I'm just upset that I haven't got to go.in 3 days and tomorrow I have a meeting and they are calling for more snow on Saturday. Sorry for the long vent.
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
seaturtle1
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Vent away it is healthy for the body.  I feel your frustration.  There are so many things I want to do in life but can not.  I hope for change one day but it does not look like it is coming any time soon.

sweetleanne
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Right there with ya! Makes me feel like a bear in hibernation!

Desirae17
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Is the alone time you feel screwed out of when you go do your workouts or not being able to do the workouts at all? If it's the alone time, I hear you loud and clear. I remember when my boys were younger and it didn't seem like I ever got to hear myself think let alone have some "me" time. If it's workout itself, here something I use to do. Go to the library and see if they have any workout DVD for children. I usually found mine in the the parenting section or the kids section of the library. Then, I would pop them in the DVD and workout with my boys and we would do whatever it was the DVD said to do. My boys enjoyed it and I got my workout. No. It's not the same as going to the gym and hanging with other adults, but I got a workout in and spent time with my boys doing something healthy for me and for them. I hope thing suggestion helps you out some and that things get better for you soon.

~Cassandra

queenb87
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol its the alone time at gym, I don't get alone time unless I'm at the gym

Quoting Desirae17:

Is the alone time you feel screwed out of when you go do your workouts or not being able to do the workouts at all? If it's the alone time, I hear you loud and clear. I remember when my boys were younger and it didn't seem like I ever got to hear myself think let alone have some "me" time. If it's workout itself, here something I use to do. Go to the library and see if they have any workout DVD for children. I usually found mine in the the parenting section or the kids section of the library. Then, I would pop them in the DVD and workout with my boys and we would do whatever it was the DVD said to do. My boys enjoyed it and I got my workout. No. It's not the same as going to the gym and hanging with other adults, but I got a workout in and spent time with my boys doing something healthy for me and for them. I hope thing suggestion helps you out some and that things get better for you soon.

Desirae17
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Well, in that case, my answer probably wasn't much help to you and I'm sorry for it.Hang in there! The only thing I can tell you for sure is as they get older and they gain more independence in the respect it gets easier, but in another way it gets harder because then they grow to be teens with harder problems to solve. lol I hope you and your bf will be able to work out some type of solution.

Quoting queenb87: Lol its the alone time at gym, I don't get alone time unless I'm at the gym

Quoting Desirae17:

~Cassandra

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)