Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

So, you do (insert activity here) for your physical health, but what do you do for your mental health?

Here lately, I've taken up journaling for my mental health. I have major depression and my thoughts tend to go ramped and stir crazy in my brain. While journaling doesn't always solve me problem, it does declutter and put things in order for me.

writing

~Cassandra

by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Replies (11-18):
louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:39 PM

I just think that sometimes it could be to test our faith and that it could be happening for a reason we don't understand at that very minute.  I have faith that God only wants what's best for me.  Sometimes I think things can also happen to bring us closer to him.  He wants us to rely on him.  I hope and pray that things will get better for you. 

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting louannwilkins:

honestly when I pray it helps me to feel at ease about things even if they've seemed hopeless.  I also have a good friend to talk to and my mom who gives great advice.  I also will read or do puzzles...it helps take my mind off things and relaxes me. Journals are a good idea too

I pray but lately my faith is almost gone.How do you still believe when things are at their worst?

momofsixangels
Trial starts the 25th next month. Hope he gets life or death row
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Quoting louannwilkins:

I just think that sometimes it could be to test our faith and that it could be happening for a reason we don't understand at that very minute.  I have faith that God only wants what's best for me.  Sometimes I think things can also happen to bring us closer to him.  He wants us to rely on him.  I hope and pray that things will get better for you. 

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting louannwilkins:

honestly when I pray it helps me to feel at ease about things even if they've seemed hopeless.  I also have a good friend to talk to and my mom who gives great advice.  I also will read or do puzzles...it helps take my mind off things and relaxes me. Journals are a good idea too

I pray but lately my faith is almost gone.How do you still believe when things are at their worst?

Thank-you

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Anytime.  I know what it's like to struggle...financially, emotionally etc...it's not easy.  During those times I try to keep my focus on God and then to remember to do the very same thing when things are good.  Sometimes it's easy to lose sight of him and what's important when things are ok.  Hugs to you!!  I'm here anytime you want to vent.  We all have trouble and issues I believe and we need to be good friends and good listeners because sometimes that's all anyone needs is to know someone cares

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting louannwilkins:

Thank-you

momofsixangels
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Quoting louannwilkins:

Anytime.  I know what it's like to struggle...financially, emotionally etc...it's not easy.  During those times I try to keep my focus on God and then to remember to do the very same thing when things are good.  Sometimes it's easy to lose sight of him and what's important when things are ok.  Hugs to you!!  I'm here anytime you want to vent.  We all have trouble and issues I believe and we need to be good friends and good listeners because sometimes that's all anyone needs is to know someone cares

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting louannwilkins:

Thank-you

Thank-you. I am just dealing with so much at once and cant seem to see a light at the end.I feel like God has forgotten me and my family

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:17 PM

I don't feel like God forgets any of his children.  I think he may try to lead us in another direction or something like that but I don't think he ever forgets the ones who love and believe in him.  It doesn't mean we won't have hardships or trouble because we will but it's during those times that we have to really really rely on him and ask him to show us what it is that he'd have us do.

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting louannwilkins:

Thank-you

Thank-you. I am just dealing with so much at once and cant seem to see a light at the end.I feel like God has forgotten me and my family

mamavalor
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:11 AM

I do volunteer work in the field I left to be a SAHM.  I read, knit, cook, or once in a while go and have lunch with a friend.  I love books so I am at the library, rummaging through their book sale section.  I have been going to the gym and luckily meeting many nice women there.  I just started taking a flower arrangement class, which I find very mediational for me.  Who knew?

momofsixangels
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Quoting mamavalor:

I do volunteer work in the field I left to be a SAHM.  I read, knit, cook, or once in a while go and have lunch with a friend.  I love books so I am at the library, rummaging through their book sale section.  I have been going to the gym and luckily meeting many nice women there.  I just started taking a flower arrangement class, which I find very mediational for me.  Who knew?

You are busy! I have always wanted to learn to knit

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:54 AM

I read the Bible and pray, and spend time with friends, as well as writing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)