- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided $
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup sliced onion $
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips $
- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces $
- 2 ears corn
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup small fresh basil leaves $
- 1. Preheat oven to 500°.
- 2. Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray; cover and let stand for 30 minutes. Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add 4 teaspoons olive oil and garlic to pan; cook 2 minutes or until fragrant (do not brown). Remove garlic from oil, and discard garlic. Remove garlic oil from pan; set aside. Increase heat to medium-high. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes. Place onion mixture in a bowl, and add asparagus. Cut corn from cob; add corn to vegetable mixture.
- 3. Scatter cornmeal over a lightly floured surface; roll dough into a 13-inch circle on prepared surface. Transfer dough to a baking sheet; brush with garlic oil. Top with vegetable mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch border; sprinkle cheese, salt, and pepper over top. Bake at 500° for 15 minutes or until golden. Top with basil. Cut into 8 slices.
on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:19 AM