Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Do You Suffer From Allergies?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:13 PM
  • 39 Replies

My allergies are getting worse and worse as I get older.  I hear that it happens to a lot of people.  Just wondering if you do suffer from allergies what you do to help relieve yourself from them.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessicasmom1
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

none that I know of

sweetleanne
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:48 PM

I have seasonal allergies, and to dust mites. I have been learning also that arthritis and allergies are related.  I now treat the arthritis with flexamin and allergy erase for the dust mites, colds. This will be the first year, that I will treat the seasonal allergy with what the heath store offers. If it doesn't work than I will go to the allergy and arthritis clinic for help.

virginiamama71
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:51 PM

I never have. But wonder if I will be like some people I know who also never had allergies than as they progressed with age, ended up with it.

countrygirlkat
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't really suffer from them but DH and the kids do.  They take Singular, Flonase and inhalers to help.

alexisb3
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:21 PM

I am very allergic to cigarette and cigar smoke,it is the chemicals that.I am on medication and the house is smoke free.Anyone that smokes,smokes outside.

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:33 AM

I don't have environmental allergies (I'm 48), but I have developed a few sensitivities to certain foods.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I do suffer from allergies.  Claritin when it's really bad.  I take a teaspoon of local honey everyday.

othermom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Yes I do. I usually take allegra which helps some. Benedryl helps more but makes me so tired that I hate to take it

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Wow, I may have to check out Allergy Erase.  My sister used this awful tasting allergy med called "Kick A** Allergy" and she said it helped her a lot but it was hard to get down.  Does Allergy Erase taste ok?

Quoting sweetleanne:

I have seasonal allergies, and to dust mites. I have been learning also that arthritis and allergies are related.  I now treat the arthritis with flexamin and allergy erase for the dust mites, colds. This will be the first year, that I will treat the seasonal allergy with what the heath store offers. If it doesn't work than I will go to the allergy and arthritis clinic for help.

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:59 PM

That is what happened to my sister in law.  She is in her mid 40's and now is taking allergy meds for the first time in her life.

Quoting virginiamama71:

I never have. But wonder if I will be like some people I know who also never had allergies than as they progressed with age, ended up with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)