Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Healthy hair...

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 7:49 AM
  • 20 Replies

How healthy is your hair? Mine is LONG...I mean really long. But it's been thinning at the top and I'm at a loss on what to do? I've  been taking biotin and trying not to brush, blow dry, etc so hard by that area but no new grow as of yet.

Any tips?

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:22 AM

As we get older, thyroid issues may pop up.

My thinning hair changed when I changed my diet.  Blah, blah...I'm not going to preach about it, though.  Hair health improved along with my body's health.

Now...how to figure out how to stop those gray hairs...

othermom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I don't do much for mine, it is very long too.

Barabell
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Has there been a change in stress? Have you started a new diet? Have you had a recent surgery? If it's no to all those questions, to be honest I'd probably talk to a doctor about this. It could be the symptom of something else happening in your body.

I've only lost hair after child birth and surgery. A few years after both, my hair went back to its original thickness.

PinkyPan
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I have hair from hell so I am no help.

MistressMinerva
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:52 PM

I have long hair. It's fine just need a new haircut.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Mine is kind of long.  I cut it in my early twenties, and it's never come all the way back.  Mine is thinning as well, but in my family it's definitely thyroid.  The doc is still working out the right dosage with me.  I don't blowdry or use a brush, just a detangling comb.  

kellynh
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Awful!! Very thk and brittle. I started biotin to see if it helps 

ceciliam
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:28 AM

My hair has always been very healthy but I don't abuse it. I skip blow drying and brushing as much as possible. If you are thinning look into getting a Nioxin kit. It will make your scalp healthy again. The only hair loss it doesn't help is hereditary hair loss. There is also a great product from Vitamin Shoppe called, Beauty Infusion by NeoCell. It's a powder that you mix with water and it contains super collagen, hyaluronic acid, Biotin + ALA....all the things you need for healthy skin, hair and nails.

ceciliam
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Quoting michiganmom116:

As we get older, thyroid issues may pop up.

My thinning hair changed when I changed my diet.  Blah, blah...I'm not going to preach about it, though.  Hair health improved along with my body's health.

Now...how to figure out how to stop those gray hairs...

In relation to graying hair, you might find this article interesting. I'm starting to get a lot of gray and have considered putting this to the test.

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-6601/Can-a-Green-Smoothie-Reverse-Gray-Hair.html

psych_mom
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I would check in with the doctor to make sure that it isn't anything going on internally, and then go from there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)