Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Silly Commercial? What Do You Think?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:56 AM
  • 26 Replies

I know it's a commercial, but when I saw this this morning I had to admire this mom for not losing her cool.  I have to admit I would not be nearly so cheerful and smiling if one of my kids were doing this!   And I am absolutely sure that I wouldn't just laugh and cheerfully pull a paper towel to scrub the floor - Am I missing the fun in this moment, or do you think this commercial is a little unrealistic?

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:00 AM

Do I just not have a sense of humor?

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Messy, yes, but cute.  I do think that being/staying/keeping clean can go a bit too far and we end up with kids with OCD.  I was heading that way with my own boys until my 2nd DS, then about 8 years old, spilled a glass of lemonade on the floor and FREAKED because he'd just made a mess.  So, I reached into the fridge and took out the pitcher of lemonade, then dumped it on the floor on purpose.  The reason?  To show that it can be cleaned, there's no need to get upset over a mess, enjoy life!  Clean up the messes and move on. 

Besides, blowing bubbles is FUN!  Then again, I'm the mom that's known for having water gun fights in the house (it's WATER....just get a towel and wipe up the wet floors when done), jumping on the bed with the kids/grandkids (takes a minute to remake the bed, but the kids remember it forever), and dancing around like a crazy lady when a good song comes on.

momofsixangels
Trial starts the 25th next month. Hope he gets life or death row
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I like it

Liz132
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
The rule here is if they spill it they clean it up. I guess Im no fun but if my kids were getting milk all over like that Id tell them to stop and clean it up.
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:53 AM

That is cool!  But I am more like the mom who says, "You made the mess, you clean it up".  I don't usually get freaked out when they make a mess, but they do clean it up.  And bubbles are fun, but there is a big difference with water bubbles, and chocolate milk flowing all over the floor!!!  I do dance around like a crazy lady :).  And when we're in the store, I gather my kids back together by quacking like a Mighty Duck ;).  They truly love this I tell you :P.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Messy, yes, but cute.  I do think that being/staying/keeping clean can go a bit too far and we end up with kids with OCD.  I was heading that way with my own boys until my 2nd DS, then about 8 years old, spilled a glass of lemonade on the floor and FREAKED because he'd just made a mess.  So, I reached into the fridge and took out the pitcher of lemonade, then dumped it on the floor on purpose.  The reason?  To show that it can be cleaned, there's no need to get upset over a mess, enjoy life!  Clean up the messes and move on. 

Besides, blowing bubbles is FUN!  Then again, I'm the mom that's known for having water gun fights in the house (it's WATER....just get a towel and wipe up the wet floors when done), jumping on the bed with the kids/grandkids (takes a minute to remake the bed, but the kids remember it forever), and dancing around like a crazy lady when a good song comes on.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine would definitely be cleaning up the mess.  I would not be crawling around of the floor mopping up after them.

Quoting Liz132: The rule here is if they spill it they clean it up. I guess Im no fun but if my kids were getting milk all over like that Id tell them to stop and clean it up.

othermom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate when my kids do that, although occasionally will allow things like that

kerryket
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband said the same thing about it being unrealistic, lol, I guess it depends on the time and place.

Quoting TigerofMu:

Do I just not have a sense of humor?

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids loving blowing bubbles and I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't spill over.  If it does, I will make them clean it up and I know it will require more than 1 sheet of bounty.  lol

psych_mom
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

It wasn't ever a big deal when my kids did it, but they didn't get it all over the place. If the spill something, I do have them clean it up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)