Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Grocery Shopping Made Easier With Facts Up Front

By GFunkified on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:00 AM

The Facts Up Front nutrition label program and website is saving moms all over the country time, helping them teach their kids how to make healthful choices, and rescuing them from information overload when it comes to meal planning and nutrition.

Alida's Kitchen made a deliciously light and lemony Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake using a recipe from Facts Up Front, and then compared her recommended daily caloric and nutrient intake from the nutrition calculator to figure out exactly what portion she was able to fit into her healthy diet.

Grocery shopping with a preschooler and meal planning are never easy, and Savvy Sassy Moms understands the importance of quick and easy decision making when it comes to your family's health.

Stroller in the City usually has three kids in tow when she's grocery shopping, and her focus is on buying natural, healthy foods. She loves the recipe resource from Facts Up Front.

Crystal and Comp uses all of the resources on the Facts Up Front website to make healthful choices for her family while she's meal planning and saving money.

Blackberry Crumble Bars is a favorite recipe of 4 The Love of Food, and along with sharing it, she showed us how easy it is to choose her ingredients based on the nutrition information on Facts Up Front labels.

Shannon of The Mommy Files normally stocks up on brands she knows and that are on sale, so she was impressed when she learned about the Facts Up Front labels and resources that make her decisions even easier.

The Family Volley understands the importance of her kids knowing how to read nutrition labels and make their own food decisions and she lists six great tips on how to teach kids to make healthier food choices. She also talked about how much easier the Facts Up Front label is for kids to read themselves.

As a busy mom, time is precious to Heather of The Third Boob, and she appreciates how much she saves by using the Facts Up Front labels.

What are your biggest challenges when grocery shopping for the family?

Photo source: monkeybusinessimages via iStock

GFunkified About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • elasmimi
  • by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:22 AM
  • That's when I have to go. It's not any more crowded here than the rest of the month, probably because I can go early in the am.

Quoting johnny4ever:

No mroe challenges except dont go first of month!So crowded!

• Quote Reply
  • psych_mom
  • by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:34 AM
  • That is how it is here- it is really dependent upon the time of the day, not time of the month.

Quoting elasmimi:

That's when I have to go. It's not any more crowded here than the rest of the month, probably because I can go early in the am.

Quoting johnny4ever:

No mroe challenges except dont go first of month!So crowded!

• Quote Reply
  • psych_mom
  • by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:35 AM
  • I don't really have any challenges shopping. I try to avoid what I know is unhealthy and get what I know is healthy (fresh food).

• Quote Reply
  • RobynS
  • by Mama2CamKat on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:03 PM
  • trying to find good, healthy, NATURAL, food on a budget can be a challenge... especially in a small town. We have to drive 30 miles to have any real options.

• Quote Reply
  • slw123
  • by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM
  • My biggest challenge is buying food that isn't 'too processed'.  I try not to buy things that have too many chemicals or ingredients I can't pronounce. I like for the kids snacks to have 5 ingredients or less.  As you can imagine, it truly limits what I'm willing to feed my family.

• Quote Reply
  • goddess99
  • by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 5:59 PM
  • I don't really have any challenges. I know what everyone likes, I meal plan, grocery trips are pretty easy.

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)