Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Use Facts Up Front For Saving Money, Meal Planning, and Grocery Shopping

Posted by   + Show Post

The Facts Up Front nutrition label program and website is saving moms all over the country time, helping them teach their kids how to make healthful choices, and rescuing them from information overload when it comes to meal planning and nutrition.

Hollie of Babygizmo.com is on camera for her blog three times a week and feels vulnerable because of it. She knows that people will see if she puts on a few pounds, so an easier-to-read nutrition label is one way that she can really keep track of what she's eating. Plus, she has her family's health to think about as well.

Mom's Test Kitchen loves all of the resources on the Facts Up Front website, especially the recipes. She shares a Roasted Vegetable Stuffed Pepper recipe that looks amazing!

Jennifer of My Boys and Their Toys is focused on portion control to keep herself and her family healthy, and Facts Up Front is a great way to keep those portion sizes in check.

Strawberry Cream Puff Pastry is what's for breakfast (or dessert) over at Thenymelrosefamily.com and it looks divine!

All In A Day's Work blog spells out what is available to consumers on the Facts Up Front website, and what exactly the front-of-the-box labels show us (and what it means).

Krissy of B-InspiredMama.com is talking about how much easier it is to teach kids about the things they're putting into their bodies and how to read nutrition labels with the Facts Up Front initiative, and lists seven fun ways to help them learn.

On Our Family World, there is an example of how the Facts Up Front nutrition quiz is helpful for finding out how informed you are about nutrition and labels in general. A lower score might mean that it's time to check out the rest of the resources on the site and learn more about it.

Sharon of Momof6.com gets questions all the time about whether certain foods are healthy. That's not always an easy question to answer, but with the Facts Up Front label, there are easy to read numbers and snippets of important information that can serve as a conversation-starter.

How do you get your kids involved in reading labels?

Photo Source: vgajic via iStock

GFunkified About :
Replies (51-55):
  • Desirae1394
  • by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:57 PM
  • Mom's Test Kitchen looks interesting. I don't know that the stuffed peppers would go over well here.... they don't like stuffed peppers but love stuffed pepper soup. lol

• Quote Reply
  • splatz
  • by on May. 1, 2014 at 7:40 AM
  • Honestly, I don't involve my kids in reading labels. I hadn't thought to. I think that is a habit I should start though.
  • Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN