Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Make Nutrition Fun with Facts Up Front

By GFunkified on Apr. 27, 2014 at 12:00 AM

The Facts Up Front nutrition label program and website is saving moms all over the country time, helping them teach their kids how to make healthful choices, and rescuing them from information overload when it comes to meal planning and nutrition.

Lauren of I Am That Lady lists some of the popular brands already using the Facts Up Front labels, including General Mills, Campbell's, and Kraft.

JaMonkey knows that obesity is a growing epidemic in America, and appreciates the steps that the Facts Up Front program is doing to help families make better choices when it comes to health and nutrition.

MamaBzz is sharing five great tips for making better choices at the grocery store. Making those better choices will directly affect the nutrition that your family gets every day. Plus, she shares a quick and easy (and nutritious) snack idea.

Nicole of Mamanyc.net knows how challenging grocery shopping can be for moms (especially with kids in tow), and loves how the easy-to-read Facts Up Front labels helps her make choices based on nutrition and portion sizes and builds her meal plans around them.

Ronni of Sassygirlz.net made a game out of finding the Facts Up Front labels in her pantry and loves that the healthier choices she's been trying to make are made easier by them.

An active husband with high blood pressure makes healthy choices so much more important for Sarah of MustHaveMom.com's family. She uses the labels to choose foods (based on nutrients, calories, and portion sizes) that will help keep him well and lower his blood pressure, which also help her and her kids stay healthy as well.

The Divine Miss Mommy is the sole grocery shopper for her family and is focused on knowing 100% of what is in the foods she and her family eat, and the Facts Up Front labels makes that much easier for her.

Trisha of Inspiration Laboratories made a series of fun grocery store scavenger hunt questions (with printables!) to help teach your kids about nutrition and labels.

What are the things you always look for when reading nutrition labels?

Photo Source: 97 via iStock

GFunkified About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • Wish2Be
  • by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:29 AM
  • I keep an eye on carbs and sometimes even sodium , Protien is important too ! Iron levels are important since DS isnt a meat eater.

• Quote Reply
  • DNewman
  • by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:03 AM
  • I read the ingredients. Look for all those odd add ins and then usually put it back! LOL!

• Quote Reply
  • psych_mom
  • by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:06 AM
  • The actual ingredients. The nutritional facts don't matter if what you are putting in your body is a bunch of GMOs and processed crap.

• Quote Reply
  • LancesMom
  • by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:23 AM
  • If I buy it regularly I don't read anything. If its something new or something I haven't tried, I usually go to Nutrition facts first. 

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN