Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

It's about "that" time.

Posted by   + Show Post

Six things your period can tell you about your health

Periods are considered to be one of the most taboo topics to talk about, but they can reveal a plethora of information when it comes to your health. Whether you last publicly learned about menstruation in fifth grade or during a junior high school sex ed class, it’s time to unravel what Aunt Flo and your hormonal health have to do with one another. Look before you flush not only when it comes to your urine or poop, but also your period, and find out the six things your monthly visitor can tell you about your health from what’s normal to what’s not at any age.

Other health causes for this condition may include brain (pituitary) tumors, overactive thyroid gland, or a reduced function of the ovaries.

Women, remember: You can use your period as a tool to help you check up on your health. 

Taken from: http://health.yahoo.net/articles/womens-health/6-things-your-period-can-tell-you-about-your-health

by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Replies (31-31):
Kermitthemom23
by on May. 2, 2014 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I didnt go. I dont have a brain issue. Nor am I going to take anti depressants when im not depressed.
Ive been on natural progesterone cream for over a year (which the doc said worthless) im pretty consistant 28 days. flow is lighter, no more mid month pain and pms. 1/2 the time I dont even realize its time util it shows. Ive also cleaned up my chemical exposure, our eating etc. its not perfect but im more connected, my memory is better im getting more done and feel overall better. Even started being able to loose some weight all be it slowly. Read the book. The library probably has it. And if you still feel you need a profesional look for a naturopath. They usually understand hormone balance better that traditional docs do.

Quoting sukainah:

Looks like I need to talk to my doctor about these things!  Thanks for pointing this out to me!  What did the neurologist do for you?

Quoting Kermitthemom23: What your doctor may not tell you about pre/menopause, by dr john lee. Fantastic info about your hormones and how they work, helped be from being a hot irregualr, heavy flow, pms from hell 3 weeks a month mess to a normal 28 day, barely noticable happy woman :)
And no thanks to my highly respected OB whoes solution was birth control, antidepressants and a referral to a neurologist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)